Lucan , Ontario , N0M 2J0
Community Bible Church (CBC), Lucan, is seeking a lead pastor. Since 1979, we have known God’s grace through three pastors, staff and volunteers, and a community of about 200 faithful adults and children. We serve multiple centres including Lucan, Granton, St. Marys, Exeter and north London, proclaiming the good news that Jesus loves, saves and transforms. Our ministry initiatives are organized by age (children, junior and senior high youth, young adults, men, women and seniors) and areas of focus: missions, life groups, worship and music, prayer, grief recovery, care for those in distress, practical help, building and grounds maintenance, library, IT and finance.
We are looking for a compassionate, discerning servant-leader who has deep knowledge of the Bible and can teach in a relevant, personal and engaging way. The successful candidate will help walk alongside our community as we grow together into greater Christ-likeness. This person will help us reach surrounding communities with love and truth through words and deeds.
- Preach and teach the Word of God as called upon. Encourage and enable other members to speak on occasion as well.
- Prioritize care for and attention to children and young people.
- Cultivate a community of welcome and healing. Engage each person as a human being with emotions and dignity.
- Ensure that people far from God have opportunity to understand the good news of Jesus’ gospel. Develop, equip, resource and empower ministry teams.
- Work collaboratively with staff and elders to encourage the people of CBC to be well connected with one another.
- Provide pastoral care through counselling, home and hospital visitation and assistance at weddings, funerals and baptisms.
- Attributes of an ideal candidate
- Discerning and prayerful. Comfortable to pray with others.
- Relatable and driven to build relationships within the congregation and local communities through warmth and humility.
- Organized and attentive to administrative needs. Takes initiative.
- Able to lead a team to accomplish a goal.
- Possesses relevant education and experience.
- Salary and Benefits
- Salary range from $65- $90k based on education and experience
- Generous benefits package including but not limited to health care, Education allowance, Book allowance, RRSP matching.
Submit cover letter, resume and preaching samples by email to: email@example.com. Application deadline August 1, 2022.
“Community Bible Church is a Christ-centred community, making disciples who love God, love His word, and love one another, reaching into the world with the gospel.” – CBC Vision Statement
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 10848 ]