Duncan, British Columbia , V9L 5V7
~~Bibles for Missions Thrift Store in Duncan, BC, is currently seeking a Store Manager who understands and supports the Vision and Purpose of Bibles for Missions Foundation. The ideal candidate will have strong relational qualities who can train and lead day leaders and volunteers to effectively operate the store. Will work with Department heads. The Manager needs to be vibrant, passionate and have an entrepreneurial spirit. The right candidate must understand the needs and wants of a thrift store customer and deliver exceptional customer service; understand inventory control, pricing, health and safety regulations, delegating, and motivating plus marketing and financial management. Must be able to build and maintain relationships with other charities and community organizations.
• Courses in retail management or accounting are desired.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Knowledge of retail, leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/voluntary organizations.
• Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation applicable to voluntary sector organizations including: employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety.
• Basic knowledge of human resources management.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Five or more years of progressive management in a retail setting.
• Management experience in non-profit/voluntary sector desired.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Manager will provide leadership to volunteer workers, involving: selection, training, scheduling, placement, motivation and conflict resolution.
• The Manager will: - Work in a retail/office environment, managing all facets of a thrift store;
- Ideally possess a flare for merchandising and layout of retail space.
• Creating, maintaining and using financial statements to maximize sales income.
• The Manager will be required to report on store progress at regular Board meetings.
• The Manager will be responsible to cash up and get moneys to the bank at the end of every day
• The Manager will work on cash as needed through out the day.
• The manager will have knowledge of stores cash register and debit machine
This is a full-time position at the Duncan BfM. Compensation will be
commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you feel your skill/gifts could help advance the purpose of Bibles for Missions, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume to the Email address Email: email@example.com
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 1093 ]