English Ministry Pastor
English Ministry Pastor
Markham, Ontario , L3S 3S9
Markham Chinese Alliance Church (MCAC) is searching for a passionate individual to join our ministerial team as Pastor overseeing our English Ministry (EM). We are an established Chinese Alliance church located in Markham, Ontario with an average Sunday Service attendance of about 200 in three languages (50 - English, 100 - Cantonese, and 50 - Mandarin). We aim to become a missional church and to live out our vision statement: “Seeking, Establishing and Nurturing Relationships as a Tangible Expression of our Relationship with God”. Since our community is composed largely of South Asian and Chinese descents it is our goal to reach out to these ethnic groups and be connected with our community. Our English Ministry currently consists mainly of young adults and youths, many with their parents attending the Cantonese and Mandarin congregations. We are seeking a scripturally inspired preacher, a leader with a passion for cross cultural missions, a caring shepherd and an administrator who will lead the English congregation to fulfill our vision and goals.
• Job Title: English Ministry Pastor
• Employer: Markham Chinese Alliance Church
• Location: Markham, Ontario
• Job Type: Full Time & Permanent
• Start Date: Immediate
• Salary & Benefits: salary is dependent on experience and in line with C&MA guideline
• Posting Date: January 11th, 2018
• Closing Date: June 30th, 2018
• Contact Name: Rev. Amos Chan, Senior Pastor
• Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Called to full time ministry
• Christian Faith based on the Bible (OT & NT) and aligned with that of C&MA
• Holds a Master of Divinity or equivalent degree from an accredited seminary
• Strong English
• Strong leadership, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Passionate and have heart for the people of our community. Have strong desire to work in a multi-cultural environment with the aim to reach out to different ethnic groups specifically within Ward 7 of Markham
• Willingness to work under the supervision of the Senior Pastor and the Elders Board and English Ministry Committee to execute the agreed vision and goals set forth for the congregation
• Able to work with people in a team as to build high morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
• Willingness to commit long term to this church
• Minimum 2-3 years of pastoral experience in an English speaking congregation
• Capable of ministering to different age groups
• Experience working in mid-to-large size organizations that can bring proven practices
• Experience in building connections and serving the community especially in a cross-cultural environment
• Ability to interact with other languages of MCAC such as Cantonese and Mandarin
• With pastoral ministry background in North American
• Work under the leadership of the Senior Pastor and the Board of Elders and in the partnership with the English Ministry Committee, pastoral team and the other two congregations to lead the English congregation.
• Cast vision and lead EM congregation to carry out the Great Commission and give support to the core values and missions of C&MA.
• Preach in the Sunday Service and other meetings as specified by the Board of Elders.
• Conduct ordinances (Holy Communion & Baptism), lead EM committee in planning, coordinating, supervising and supporting ministries such as Small groups, fellowships, outreach and other events as decided by the EM committee.
• Teach Sunday Schools, provide pastoral care to congregants of various ages, develop discipleship and leadership training.
• Plan and involve in Evangelism and Mission.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they can meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com before the CLOSING DATE.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to character reference check and criminal records check.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 1842 ]