Scarborough, Ontario , M1W 3X3
MCCC English Pastor Job Profile (August 20, 2017)
Milliken Christian Community Church is a dynamic church in Scarborough, Ontario constituted of English, Cantonese, and Mandarin congregations with Children ministry.
We are seeking an English Pastor who:
- Responds effectively to the needs of our youth, young adults and families in the English congregation;
- Teaches and nurtures the flock effectively with the word of God and lives a life consistent with his/her teachings;
- Able to create and lead a worshipful atmosphere for Sunday worship;
- Equips and empowers our current leaders and develops new young leaders; and
- Reaches out to a multi-cultural community in new and meaningful ways in response to the Great Commission of Christ and make more disciples.
- Graduated from an evangelical seminary of good standing, preferably with a Master degree or equivalent.
- Applicants shall be in agreement with the church’s Tenets of Faith
- Knowledge of multi--cultural ministry work
- At least three years of full-time pastoral/Christian ministry experience in North America or equivalent.
- Experience in youth and young adult ministry would be an asset.
- Exhibits a passion for God and has a Christ-like Spirit;
- Demonstrates leadership, maturity, and has a down-to-earth personality;
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working within ministry assigned by Executive Church Board, supported by Rev. Vincent Lee, and in partnership with other pastoral staffs
- Regular preaching in the English worship services, Sunday School teaching, providing pastoral care, biblical counseling, exercising leadership together with English Ministry Committee in the planning, coordination and direction/support/accountability of various ministries as directed by our church mission, vision and core values, and Tenets of Faith
- Building up the spiritual lives of believers through teaching, visitation and personal counseling where appropriate.
- Providing spiritual leadership and guidance to the English congregation;
- Working with parents of the youth to facilitate a family-oriented ministry.
- Exercising leadership in mission ministry in English congregation
- Support “Community Development” Department Ministries such as sport ministry, outreach ministry, English as a Second Language ministry
- Providing guidance to fellowship committees and small groups where appropriate;
- Making disciples, developing and equipping of lay leaders, overseeing lay leadership (English Ministry Committee) in various ministries, such as:
- Worship ministry
- Monthly prayer ministry
- Prepare to lead / teach Sunday Christian education of various age groups
- Fellowships for youth and young adults
- Pastoral and deacon liaison
- Minister in a multicultural context
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 1896 ]