Scarborough, Ontario , M1V 4Y1
This is a senior leadership role that requires a mature faith in Jesus Christ, deep passion for people and strong leadership skills. As the Senior Pastor, you will work in collaboration with the Functional Pastors, Language Group Lead Pastors and lay leadership teams to oversee and coordinate all ministries of SCBC. Along with senior church leaders, you will be the public face of SCBC, representing the church in communal and ecclesiastical functions. You have a strong desire to preach the Word of God, and in partnership with the Lead Pastors, will be involved in various aspects of preaching ministry. Above all, you have a heart for God, and a strong commitment to partner with God through the local church.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Relationships - with a deep passion for people, you will journey with them towards an increasingly vibrant faith and relationship with God through Jesus Christ; empowering, motivating and challenging them to serve and live out Kingdom values.
- Pastor to the Pastors – you will work with the Deacon’s Board over matters of pastoral staff recruitment, mentoring and overseeing an evaluative process of pastoral staff development. You will also strive to develop a culture and network of relationships that foster mutual care, strong team-work and a model for the congregation.
- Vision Casting – with complete dependence on God and building on what God is already doing through SCBC, you will work with the pastors, leaders and congregation to develop a vision for the church. With patience, love and conviction, you will work to gain understanding, consensus and ownership of this vision amongst the congregation.
- Preaching and Teaching – you not only love and live out the Word of God, but also love teaching it with creativity and conviction! SCBC has a strong teaching team, and you will complement this team with your unique God-given skills. You will have an opportunity to share the pulpit, Sunday school terms and other teaching opportunities within a team setting.
- Management and Administrative – you thrive in a team environment! While walking alongside and mentoring the pastoral team and staff, you will also apply your management and administrative skills to ensure the smooth working of day-to-day operations. You will also work with the Deacon’s Board, lay leaders and be a catalyst for change should those opportunities arise.
- Mature faith in Jesus Christ and a strong commitment to serve through the local church
- Team player with strong leadership and communication skills within a large congregational context
- Good understanding and awareness of the North American / Multi-cultural ministry context
- Minimum 7 years ministry experience, preferably in a multi-cultural and extended pastoral team setting
- Strong gifting in the areas of teaching and preaching the Word of God
- Preferred Master’s level theological education at an ATS-accredited institution or similar experiences
- Energetic, resourceful and innovative in ministry as well as leadership development
- Strong relational skills and compassionate understanding of personal issues
- Sympathetic with the purpose and mission of SCBC. Understanding of CBOQ, Baptist faith and guidelines
Applications are being received at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Search Committee for Senior Pastor
Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church
3223 Kennedy Road Toronto, Ontario
Canada M1V 4Y1
Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process please contact Philip at email@example.com
- We appreciate your interest in this position, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
- Applications will be kept on file confidentially for a period of time after the selection process is complete.
- Misrepresentation or failure to disclose accurate information will result in your disqualification from this or any future job selection processes.
- Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 2390 ]