Community Event and Summer Camp Co-Director
Community Event and Summer Camp Co-Director
Toronto, Ontario , M4L 2B9
Positions available: Up to 3
Supervisor: Pastor of Community Engagement
Length of Time: Up to 16 weeks, up to 40 hours a week
Wage: $14.25 per hour
Hours of work: Sundays are mandatory, other hours will be completed as per programs. Weekend and evening work required.
Start date: May 3, 2021
End date: All hours to be completed by August 22, 2021
Our summer internship position is designed to give you a hands-on summer ministry experience working at a gospel-focused Church. You will be part of the ministry team at Forward and will plan, participate in, and/or lead in a variety of ministry settings. This internship is more than just running kids camps, it is designed so you will grow in Christ, seek to glorify God with your life and future pursuits, and be challenged to share the gospel. You will learn valuable skills as you grow in trusting God, in grace, in working with a team, in planning, in hard work and more. If you are interested in a rewarding and challenging summer this may be the position for you.
- You must be a person who loves Jesus, loves the gospel, have a servant's heart, is hard working, enjoys working with kids, works well in a team, loves the local church, is ready for an amazing summer and is ready to make it the best summer possible for others.
- Pass a vulnerable sector police check
- Be in agreement with Forward Baptist Church’s statement of beliefs and policies
Health and Safety Training
The following certificate training will be provided to summer employees if required:
- First Aid and CPR training
- Ontario - Supervisor health and safety awareness in 5 steps - Certificate
- AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) - Certificate
- Worker Health and Safety Training - Certificate
- Workplace Violence and Harassment Training - Certificate
Supervision and Mentoring
- Meet weekly in person with your direct supervisor for review and feedback about work.
- Meet weekly with church and summer staff for prayer, planning and discussion of ministry involvement.
- Summer Intern and Staff book study
- Meet multiple times in the summer with a mentor to provide coaching, encouragement, and feedback.
- Summer Camps: You will be responsible to co-direct 3+ summer camps, including ensuring COVID protocols are in place and followed, planning, recruiting volunteers, registration of kids, directing, and implementing all aspects of the summer camp programs. Our camps focus on kids in JK through high school. Camps vary in length including half days, full days, and overnight. (See Job Description for more details: http://www.forwardbaptist.com/employment/ )
- Jr. Youth Programming (Grade 3 - 6): Assist in the planning and running of our monthly Jr. Youth events for students in grades 3-6. There will be one event in May and one in June on the 4th Friday of the month, 6:30pm - 8:30pm.
- Children's Programming: Assist with children’s programming for kids aged 0 - 12 on Sundays and other times as needed. You will assist in preparing the children's ministry curriculum for the summer and fall.
- Family and Churchwide events and programs: Support families by providing occasional childminding times at the Church. Plan family activities we can do as a church outside. Such as a beach day, scavenger hunt, baseball, outdoor picnic, kite flying/making, frisbee golf game, Outdoor BBQ, etc.
- Other Ministry Opportunities in the Summer: Participate in other ministries through the summer. These will be shaped by immediate need and by the gifts and skills that God has given you. Such as, Worship Teams, Tech Ministries, leading Bible studies, preaching, outreach, Ministry Appreciation Gala, Beach Hill Neighbourhood Association events, and Streour et Party.
- Bulletin and print material - work with our Communications Director in designing and producing various print materials. Ex. bulletins, postcards, large signs, etc.
- Help with general office administration as needed. Ex, answering phones, doors, helping with mail, photocopying, etc.
- Programs we use: G-Suite, Easy Worship, Church Management Software, Publisher, Illustrator. (Training will be provided as needed.)
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed
For additional info or to send resume with cover letter. Contact: Aaron Woodhouse, 647-230-8915 or email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 2494 ]