Rahab Social Worker
Rahab Social Worker
Toronto, Ontario , M4A 1H5
Rahab Social Worker
Youth Unlimited (Toronto YFC)
Rahab Ministry is seeking a compassionate, dedicated Christian social worker to serve young women, youth and children in the sex trade - reaching them, walking with them and inspiring them to have new lives in Jesus.
About Youth Unlimited (Toronto YFC)
Youth Unlimited is a grassroots, faith-based agency that has served youth from all walks of life, including those who are vulnerable to poverty, homelessness, unemployment, violence and gang-involvement, for over 70 years. We have 70 staff, more than 700 volunteers, and over 30 programs impacting around 1,500 young people on a weekly basis.
YU envisions that young people in the GTA will be transformed by God's love and life-changing power and will be a redemptive presence in this city, our nation, and beyond. What beats deeply within our hearts is the desire to help these youth attain their full life potential, showing love and care for their whole person, and encouraging them to serve God as fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Rahab Ministry serves sexually exploited women, youth, children and their families. Our outreach team meets them where they are to provide the support they need. Our vision statement is: “Empower women and children impacted by the sex trade to be liberated and restored.”
Rahab Social Worker: Responsibilities and Skills
The Rahab Social Worker will take part in the day-to-day operations of Rahab’s outreach team. Specific responsibilities of the Rahab Social Worker will include:
A. Sex workers outreach and care
- Build relationships with women, children and family members impacted by the sex trade and with those in imminent risk to enter the sex trade.
- Provide whole-person support for the target population: spiritual, emotional, relational, intellectual and social. Participate in regular outreaches and visitation as well as maintain accurate case reports and outreach records.
- Provide case management support for young women. Liaise with, and make referrals to, other agencies and participate in multidisciplinary teams and meetings as needed.
- Develop and build a team of volunteer workers who are spiritually vibrant, mission-oriented, and deeply engaged with our target population.
- Develop and build various partnerships with churches, faith-based and community-based organizations and agencies.
- Provide inspirational and collaborative leadership to the outreach team under the direction of the Rahab Director.
- Research and potentially start a new outreach initiative to young women at risk of sexual exploitation in colleges and universities under the direction of the Rahab Director.
B. Required Skills & Experience
- A compassionate heart for sexually exploited youth, sex workers and their family members.
- A deep commitment to a holistic approach to proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ and God’s Kingdom.
- Strong personal spiritual vitality with regular spiritual practices.
- Graduated from a recognized Social work program and be eligible for membership in the Provincial College of Certified Social Workers & Social Service Workers.
- Related work, volunteer or personal experience with marginalized youth, refugees, trauma victims or mental health patients.
HELPFUL TO HAVE
- Knowledge of case management, case conferencing and investigation and intervention theories and practices.
- Ability to respond or assist in emergency situations.
- Very good interpersonal, mediation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate sound judgment particularly in dealing with safety issues and in dealing with aggressive youth and/or youth and children at risk.
- Understanding of crisis management and the ability to deal with life threatening situations including the prevention of suicide.
- Conversational level fluency in a foreign language such as: Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Ukrainian, Spanish or Korean is an asset
The salary of this staff position is determined on a scale based on education and experience and is 100% funded on a missionary basis—requiring the successful applicant to fundraise and gather a personal support team.
Please submit a resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resumé should note (1) your employment experience; (2) your ministry experience, whether volunteer or paid; and (3) any relevant certification.
Should you have any further questions, please contact Elim at email@example.com or call (416) 383-1477. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Thank you!
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 2579 ]