North York, Ontario , M2H 2R9
Assistant Pastor of Discipleship and Youth Ministries
Grace Gospel Church is a vibrant young congregation of 130 focused on making disciples, small group ministries, multi-ethnic community outreach, and expanding impact in evangelistic global missions. Our vision statement is: “To glorify God as a cell-based church, passionately multiplying disciples locally and worldwide.” The congregation is a ministry of Grace Chinese Gospel Church of North York, a 500 member church in NorthYork, Ontario, Canada, affiliated with the Associated Gospel Churches of Canada (www.agcofcanada.com).
At this juncture, we are looking for an assistant pastor to serve alongside the lead pastor of the English congregation. Approximately 40% of the ministry role will be overseeing the youth ministries and 60% will be to serve as a team with the lead pastor to provide pastoral leadership to the congregation in fulfilling the church’s vision.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. A life reflecting an ever-increasing submission to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, personal knowledge of and dependence upon God.
2. A pastor’s heart, calling and gifting.
3. A burden and love for youth.
4. A demonstrated commitment and ability to thrive in a team leadership environment.
5. A foundational burden and vision for discipleship ministry in the local church.
6. A commitment to a philosophy of ministry with regards to the cell-based church.
7. A demonstrated commitment to the evangelistic ministries of the Gospel.
8. Gifted in outreaching to and spiritual shepherding of people from different backgrounds within a multi-cultural context.
9. Fluent in English.
10. People-oriented with good relational skills and strengths in organization, planning and execution.
11. Graduate (or soon to be graduate) of a recognized seminary, Bible College or equivalent.
12. Agreement with the Articles of Faith and Doctrine of the denomination.
13. Successful completion of AGC’s Ministry Application, Compatibility assessment, and Certificate of Ministry Interview.
14. A candidate without previous pastoral ministry experience could be considered to begin as a Pastoral Assistant.
Reporting to and serving under supervision of the English ministry lead pastor, the assistant pastor’s ministry will be to:
1. Provide pastoral care and leadership to the congregation, alongside the lead pastor, in fulfilling the church’s vision.
2. Participate in the preaching and teaching ministry.
3. Model and impart a lifestyle of prayer, making disciples and relational evangelism.
4. Model the centrality of Christian community by participating in a small group.
5. Disciple lay youth ministry leaders and equip them to disciple the youth.
6. Provide pastoral guidance and support for the congregation’s youth ministries.
7. Oversee the development of youth Christian Education.
8. Assist the lead pastor in mobilizing the congregation for gift-based ministry.
9. Assist the lead pastor in nurturing missional ministries through community engagement and outreach.
How to apply: Please email a copy of your cover letter, testimony of salvation and ministry calling, resume and full academic transcripts to Hoytson Wong (email@example.com)
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 2721 ]