Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Winnipeg, Manitoba , R3Y 1R7
The Church Administrator position is a 30 hour per week, permanent part-time leadership role at Waverley Church. The Church Administrator must be in full agreement with, and passionately supportive of the Waverley Church Vision, Goals and Ends Statements, and Doctrinal Statement as laid out by the Deacon Board and Leadership Teams.
The Church Administrator will report directly to the Lead Pastor and will be accountable to him for the fulfillment of mutually agreed upon objectives.
The over-riding goals for this position will include, but not be limited to:
Communication, Correspondence & Reception:
- Communicate with suppliers, visitors and staff over the phone and in person.
- Insure that mail sent, picked up and distributed.
- Maintain an up-to-date listing of all suppliers and any passwords required for websites.
- Regularly communicate with suppliers and service providers so that the building is maintained.
- Assist the Chairman of the Deacon Board with providing and maintaining meeting minutes.
- Liaise with those who use our facilities for church functions and maintain schedule.
- Update basic communication information on the church website.
- Work with the Lead Pastor to ensure that guests are contacted in a timely manner.
- Operate standard technology and office machines. e.g.: Personal computer and Photocopier
- Word process various documents and manage data using relevant applications.
- Send out reminders to those involved in the various ministries.
- Prepare Lock Up schedule.
- Keep our online and paper directory current.
- Arrange and participate in meetings, and project team activities.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in various functions as needed.
Ongoing Ministry Support:
- Manage the kitchen ensuring that it is stocked with supplies and is kept clean and orderly.
- Assist Lead pastor in providing care to congregants. E.g.: flowers for the sick, caring for bereaved.
- Prepare the weekly bulletin and other documents. E.g.: Baptism certificates
- Provide support and serve various ministries. E.g.: photocopying, ordering for small groups or Sunday School.
- Perform various functions for congregational meetings. E.g.: taking minutes Order relevant office supplies.
Finance & Accounting:
- Ensure that suppliers, ministry leaders, staff, RRSP instalments, and taxes are paid.
- Correspond with treasurer on any important data that he/she needs for our monthly financials.
- File confidential church documents, personnel file data, financial records, meeting minutes etc.
- Liaise with the Building Committee and Pastor so that our facilities are kept in good repair and are inviting.
- Provide feedback to the Building Committee on status of contractor work
- Support the Building Committee with tendering projects.
- Ensure the church is current with all insurance and the building is secure.
The best candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of comparable experience along with training applicable to this position. If you are interested in applying for the position of Church Administrator at Waverley Church please submit your resume with references along with your personal testimony of faith in Jesus Christ to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 2773 ]