Children Ministry Pastor
Children Ministry Pastor
North York, Ontario , M2H 2R9
Job Description of Pastor for Children’s Ministry
The Pastor for Children is a full-time pastor who is responsible to lead the ministry that reaches and develops children ages birth through sixth grade so that they become more and more like Christ. Working together with the lay children’s ministry staff, he will lead, promote and oversee the spiritual formation of children by teaching them to worship, learn and obey the Word, win others to Christ, serve the body and participate in community. He will also be responsible to teach and assist young parents in the development of biblical parenting skills so that young families are being formed spiritually.
A. Provide leadership and oversight in the spiritual formation of children through Sunday Celebration, Friday night Kids Programs, and other programs.
1. Cast Vision--Promote a church-wide vision of reaching and developing children to become more like Christ
2. Implement Strategy--Promote a strategy that encourages children to worship God, learn and obey His Word, participate in caring community, win others to Christ, and serve within the body
3. Provide Leadership--Oversee, support, and develop the skills of the voluntary staffs and volunteers in order to accomplish the mission of forming children spiritually
4. Teach--Provide solid teaching of both biblical theology and social issues that directly relate to children and their families
5. Train and Equip--
a. Lead the voluntary staffs in continuously identifying and raising up lay staffs to serve in the ministry according to their gifts
b. Lead the voluntary staffs in training and equipping the lay staffs to do the work of the ministry
c. Oversee the children’s ministry internship program
6. Plan and Organize--Develop and implement all activities related to children’s ministry (e.g., Workers’ Retreats, Family Camps, Special Event Programs)
7. Protect--Maintain and uphold all church policy statements regarding children
a. Establish and evaluate the philosophy, standards and procedures for Children’s Ministry.
b. Work with the lay children’s ministry staffs and volunteers to regularly evaluate the ministries effectiveness in forming children spiritually
B. Teach and assist the young parents in the development of biblical parenting skills so that young families are being formed spiritually.
1. Develop and teach parenting training courses
2. Meet with parents for individual guidance and care
A. Reporting and evaluation. The Pastor of Children’s Ministry will be accountable to Senior Pastor.
B. Supervision. The Pastor of Children’s Ministry will coordinate and supervise the Children’s Leadership Team consisting of the Director for Nursery, the Director for Sunday school, the Director for Worship, and the Committee of Children’s Ministries.
C. Coordination. The Pastor of Children’s Ministry will coordinate his ministry with the overarching vision, mission and purpose of the GCGCNY.
D. Teamwork for all congregational Pastors. The Pastor of Children’s Ministry will work with Lead Pastors of all congregations to co-ordinate the needs of children’s ministry.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 2949 ]