Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
Ministry Area Director
Ministry Area Director
Belleville, Ontario , k8n5a2
For over 17 years QYU has provided ministry to youth in the Quinte West area, including community outreach, large trips & events, student leadership, worship nights, discipleship groups, school programs, mission trips, sports programs, and various camp experiences. This ministry centres around 2 public high schools, and extends into community ministry. There are approximately 1700 youth, not including elementary and alternative programs.
All endeavors have been strongly supported by local churches, community businesses, and team of adult and student volunteers. A local committee helps to direct the ministry, planning and finances.
There is potential for more ministry outreach in local schools, in the community and abroad. Our goal is to engage and equip youth to know and follow Jesus. The YFC vision is to give every young person the opportunity to make an informed decision to become a follower of Jesus Christ and to be welcomed into a local church.
The director role is to engage and equip youth to know and follow Jesus. This includes modeling relational youth evangelism ministry and discipleship, facilitative and Christ-like leadership, to build, recruit, train and maintain a ministry team, local community relations with schools and other partners, fundraising, event planning, administration and reporting.
- Build, develop and oversee an outreach ministry to youth using Relational Ministry Actions and 5 Gauges models
- Build relationships with youth, volunteers, parents, pastors, youth leaders, school and community leaders
- Network with local churches and assist local church youth ministries related issues & events
- Identify, recruit and develop youth and adult volunteers for team ministry approach
- Regular supervision and staff meetings for training, accountability, growth and encouragement
- Partner with YU staff and other youth leaders in shared ministry event (ex. retreats, camps, mission trips, etc.)
- Devote significant time in prayer & fasting for God’s provision & leadership
- Oversee ministry planning, budget & fundraising goals with help from a local satellite committee
- Primary public relations person, including church presentations, partner communications & social media
- Complete National Training program and attend National and Regional staff Conferences
Candidate must possess:
- Dynamic personality, confident leadership, strong relational and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Must demonstrate a heart for relational and community ministry, a passion for youth to know Christ and life experience.
- Ability to lead a team of people, to be self-directed, with good administrative, organizational, time management and delegation skills
- Experience with marginalized youth and youth ministry, youth culture and church culture
- Must have transportation or access to a vehicle
- Ability to fundraise for the ministry budget and personal deputation
- Ability to make a 5 year commitment
- Must possess a University or College Degree (or in the process of completing it)
Suitable candidates should submit their resume to the Executive Director
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 613.969.0471 ext.2
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 3297 ]