Blind River, Ontario , P0R 1B0
This full-time position will entail leading, equipping and teaching the Immanuel church family to bring Christ to the town of Blind River and surrounding area.
Overview of Church and Community:
Immanuel is a caring and growing church family. We have a distinct style of blended worship service enjoyed by our multi-generational congregation. People are free to express their personal prayer and praise concerns during the service. We have a number of summer visitors who make Immanuel their church home while vacationing in the area’s vast natural beauty. Blind River is a community of 3600 situated on the north shore of Lake Huron mid-way between Sudbury and Sault Ste. Marie. Our community is served by seven churches, which share a good working relationship. A major employer in our area is CAMECO Corporation. There are two secondary and three elementary schools and an area hospital. English is the predominate language with French making up approximately 18 percent. Our adjacent neighbour is Mississauga First Nation with a population of approximately 400 residents.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work as a team with the deacon board to guide the spiritual and bodily affairs of the church.
- Organize Sunday morning services and preach on a regular basis.
- Work with elected committees.
- Work with the media technician to continue our online outreach.
- Minimum 5 years pastoral experience
- Master of Divinity would be an asset.
- Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
A recent church survey shows the congregation desiring the following:
- A preacher who can make the Gospel plain, clear, and relevant to all ages.
- A shepherd who is a compassionate, caring leader to the church and has a heart for the community.
- A mature believer who models godliness and Christian commitment.
- An enthusiastic teacher who equips others for service and discipleship.
- French an asset
- Listing will be posted until filled.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 3309 ]