Blind River, Ontario , P0R 1B0
This full-time position will entail leading, equipping and teaching the Immanuel church family to bring Christ to the town of Blind River and surrounding area.
Overview of Church and Community:
Immanuel celebrates 110 years of ministry and is a caring church family affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec. Blind River is a community of 3600 situated on the north shore of Lake Huron mid-way between Sudbury and Sault Ste. Marie. We have a distinct style of blended worship service enjoyed by our multi-generational congregation. People are free to express their personal prayer and praise concerns during the service. We have a number of summer visitors who make Immanuel their church home while vacationing in the area’s vast natural beauty. Our community is served by seven churches, which share a good working relationship. A major employer in our area is CAMECO Corporation. There are two secondary and three elementary schools and an area hospital with five resident doctors. English is the predominate language with French making up approximately 18 percent. Our adjacent neighbor is Mississauga First Nation with a population of approximately 400 residents.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work as a team with the deacon board to guide the spiritual and bodily affairs of the church.
- Organize Sunday morning services and preach on a regular basis.
- Work with elected committees.
- Work with the media technician to continue our online outreach.
- Ordained (or seeking ordination)
- Accredited (or willing to seek accreditation) with Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec
- Master of Divinity would be an asset.
- Canadian Citizens and permanent residents will be given priority
- A preacher who can make the Gospel plain, clear, and relevant to all ages.
- A shepherd who is a compassionate, caring leader to the church and has a heart for the community.
- A mature believer who models godliness and Christian commitment.
- An enthusiastic teacher who equips others for service and discipleship.
David L. Nicholls
P.O. Box 1493, Blind River, ON P0R 1B0
Immanuel Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the section process
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 3309 ]