Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
Master Control Operator
Master Control Operator
Breslau, Ontario , N0B 1M0
The Master Control Operator (MCO) is responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of our on-air products by continuously monitoring, overseeing, and maintaining programming.
This position's hours are Mondays - Fridays & some Saturdays: 9AM - 4.30PM
- Encode programming for airing
- Regularly Monitor programming and advertising
- Receive and Schedule syndicated programming, Ensures transmission meets Station quality standards.
- Ensures the high quality airing of commercials with high run rates and minimized down time.
- Switches on/off live events.
- Controls audio equipment to regulate the volume and sound quality during television broadcasts. Identifies and works to prevent, to the extent possible, problems and roadblocks.
- Familiarity with Cisco T1/T3 and Fibe Networking
- Proficiency with NewTek Routing Technologies in Tricaster
- Knowledge of the Rushworks Alist systems
- Hands on experience with FTP transfers
- Hands on experience with BlackMagic Routers
- A+ knowledge of File storage and system backups Prepares programming for future playback. Observes monitors and converses with station personnel to determine audio and video levels and to verify that programs/commercials are airing properly.
- Preview scheduled programs to ensure that signals are functioning and programs are ready for transmission.
- Communicates with Sales, Traffic, and Account Services to make sure content is received and aired. Completes appropriate paperwork functions as required.
- Logs daily discrepancies and verifies all commercial inventory, taped events, and aired live events. Collaborates with Ministry teams and with other departments to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Reports equipment problems, ensure that repairs are made, and make emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity as required or assigned.
- Required Qualifications 2+ years’ of professional work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience using computers in a professional work environment. Other Qualifications Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunication systems.
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot computers preferred; proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of modern operating systems, networks protocols.
- Ability to professionally interact with customers and co-workers; strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Ability to analyze situations and use logic to address issues; careful attention to details preferred.
- Strong work ethic with an emphasis on team commitment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as a part of a regular schedule and/or dictated by business need. Reliable and motivated to fulfill obligations; ability to work independently and without supervision.
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 3504 ]