Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Master Control Operator
Master Control Operator
Breslau, Ontario , N0B 1M0
The Master Control Operator (MCO) is responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of our on-air products by continuously monitoring, overseeing, and maintaining programming.
This position's hours are Mondays - Fridays & some Saturdays: 9AM - 4.30PM
- Encode programming for airing
- Regularly Monitor programming and advertising
- Receive and Schedule syndicated programming, Ensures transmission meets Station quality standards.
- Ensures the high quality airing of commercials with high run rates and minimized down time.
- Switches on/off live events.
- Controls audio equipment to regulate the volume and sound quality during television broadcasts. Identifies and works to prevent, to the extent possible, problems and roadblocks.
- Familiarity with Cisco T1/T3 and Fibe Networking
- Proficiency with NewTek Routing Technologies in Tricaster
- Knowledge of the Rushworks Alist systems
- Hands on experience with FTP transfers
- Hands on experience with BlackMagic Routers
- A+ knowledge of File storage and system backups Prepares programming for future playback. Observes monitors and converses with station personnel to determine audio and video levels and to verify that programs/commercials are airing properly.
- Preview scheduled programs to ensure that signals are functioning and programs are ready for transmission.
- Communicates with Sales, Traffic, and Account Services to make sure content is received and aired. Completes appropriate paperwork functions as required.
- Logs daily discrepancies and verifies all commercial inventory, taped events, and aired live events. Collaborates with Ministry teams and with other departments to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Reports equipment problems, ensure that repairs are made, and make emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity as required or assigned.
- Required Qualifications 2+ years’ of professional work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience using computers in a professional work environment. Other Qualifications Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunication systems.
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot computers preferred; proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of modern operating systems, networks protocols.
- Ability to professionally interact with customers and co-workers; strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Ability to analyze situations and use logic to address issues; careful attention to details preferred.
- Strong work ethic with an emphasis on team commitment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as a part of a regular schedule and/or dictated by business need. Reliable and motivated to fulfill obligations; ability to work independently and without supervision.
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 3504 ]