Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship Ministries
Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship Ministries
Carstairs, Alberta , T0m 0N0
POSITION SUMMARY –
Bethel Church is searching for a gifted individual to give oversight to our growing Youth and Worship Ministries. The Youth Ministry role would include: The discipleship and spiritual formation of youth; Equipping and supporting parents as the primary influence in the lives of youth; Building inter-generational relationships between youth and others at Bethel Church; Intentional connections to unchurched youth in our surrounding community; Encouraging youth to creatively serve our church and surrounding community; Offering spiritual care and support to youth and their families as they deal with unique challenges and difficulties. The Worship Ministry role would nurture a culture of worship and praise to Jesus Christ at Bethel Church by: Giving leadership and administrative oversight to our Worship Ministry and Teams (Music teams, Sound and Computer Techs, Decorating Team, Ushers, Greeters); Regularly leading our congregation in music and worship for Sunday services (along with the other exceptional worship leaders/ teams we have); Developing others as worship leaders, worship team members, and sound/ tech support; Planning and coordinating the details for Sunday services and other special services throughout the year (in consultation with the Sr. Pastor). At this point, we would foresee that the job would be split with 50% of the time focused on Youth Ministry, 35% focused on Worship Ministry, and 15% focused on General Pastoral duties (this could include preaching, support for other church ministries, pastoral care/ visitation, attending Council and ministry team meetings, etc.). Over time, these ratios may adjust (based on individual gifts/ passions, and the way we see God at work in these ministries).
HOURS/ SCHEDULE –
This is a full-time, salaried position. The expectation would be that this person would work 40–50 hours/ week (including evenings and weekends). REPORTING – This individual would work alongside and report to the Senior Pastor, and also to the Bethel Church Council (our Church Leadership Board).
We will be looking for a great fit between this individual, our staff and our church. To help with this, we will specifically be looking at areas of Character, Competence and Chemistry.
- Spiritual maturity, growth, and passion.
- Teachable, willing to accept feedback, desire to grow.
- Hard-working, self-motivated, responsible.
- Able to work as part of a team, includes others in decision-making.
- Previous experience in Youth Ministry and Worship Ministry.
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in a ministry related field of study.
- Passion for teenagers/ youth and their families.
- Gifts and abilities as a musician and worship leader/ team member.
- Proven abilities in administration and organization (detail-oriented).
- Strong communication skills.
- Abilities with technology (sound, video, computer, etc.)
- Ability to relate to the unchurched and to serve our surrounding community.
- Clear calling toward Pastoral ministry and service.
- An appreciation for various styles of music, songs, and expressions of worship.
- Ability to work in close relationship to the Sr. Pastor, as part of a staff team and on various ministry teams.
- Ability to relate well to multiple generations in our church.
- Appreciation for a rural culture, lifestyle and values.
- Agreement with the doctrine of EMCC Canada.
YOUTH MINISTRY JOB EXPECTATIONS –
- To establish a Youth Ministry team who will serve the youth of Bethel Church and surrounding community.
- To build relationships with youth that would lead toward spiritual formation and growth.
- To plan and oversee regular youth events, along with the Youth Ministry team.
- To support and equip parents as the primary spiritual influence in the lives of youth.
- To reach beyond our church, to the unchurched youth in our surrounding community.
- To partner with other local ministries and churches that focus on the discipleship of youth/ teens.
- To be an example of Godly living, obedience and growth.
- To intentionally connect youth with other generations in our church body (ie. Build an appreciation for the ‘Church Family’).
- To help the youth of Bethel Church discover their spiritual gifts, identity, and purpose through Jesus Christ.
- To provide Pastoral Care and support to youth and their families who are facing unique challenges and difficulties.
- To manage an annual budget for Youth Ministry and Youth events.
WORSHIP MINISTRY JOB EXPECTATIONS -
- To facilitate the worship and praise of Jesus Christ at Bethel Church, in partnership with other worship leaders and musicians.
- To regularly lead worship for Sunday services and (as needed) serve as a worship team member for other worship leaders (we are not looking for someone who will be ‘up front’ every Sunday, but who will join and support the team that we already have in place).
- To help plan, schedule and give administrative oversight to weekly services, worship teams, and special services.
- To work with sound techs, computer techs to provide exceptional tech support for each service.
- To work with Ushers, Greeters, and Hospitality Team to provide a warm welcome for each service.
- To oversee the values and direction for worship ministry at Bethel Church, in partnership with other worship leaders and Sr. Pastor.
- To manage an annual budget for Worship Ministry.
OTHER JOB EXPECTATIONS -
In addition to this, there will also be expectations for this individual in other areas of Pastoral Ministry (For example…. Preaching, Pastoral Visitation, Support to other ministries at Bethel Church, Seniors Lodge services, Ministerial meetings, Council meetings, etc.).
EVALUATION/ REVIEW –
This position will require a close relationship with the Sr. Pastor, which would include regular meetings and conversations where updates can be given, areas of focus can be discussed, and evaluation/ feedback can be offered. The Bethel Church Elders will conduct an annual review of all Pastoral staff.
The salary for this individual will be determined by our EMCC guidelines (factors in previous ministry experience, education, etc.). Holiday time will be determined in this same way.
START DATE –
This position is available to begin in early 2017 (or sooner, depending on individual circumstances).
Resumes and questions for the Search Committee can be sent to email@example.com, or you can phone the church office for direction. Not all electronic submissions will be responded to personally. We will receive applications until November 6, 2016.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 3643 ]