Pastor of Connections and Communication
Pastor of Connections and Communication
Hamilton, Ontario , L8H 3Z1
Pastor of Connections & Communication Job Description
Crown Point Community Church is looking for a part-time Pastor of Connections & Communication to join our team, beginning August 1, 2017. We are a growing, friendly, community-oriented, multi-generational church in the diverse Ottawa Street/Crown Point Neighbourhood. We are guided by the statement, “Because we know the Love of Jesus, we Worship God, Care for Each Other and Impact our Neighbourhood. We certainly aren't perfect, but we're real and love each other a lot. Together we seek to be changed by God and to carry out his mission in our neighbourhood. We have a growing small group ministry (4 at present) and have a lot of fun together at potlucks, games nights and outreach events. We have a number of new people every month and want to make sure that everyone feels welcome and connected. We are praying that God sends us the right person for this position.
The Pastor of Connections & Communication will be responsible for helping people to have a genuine sense of belonging, involvement, and spiritual growth at Crown Point Community Church. This includes connecting with newcomers, connecting individuals within our church community with opportunities to use their gifts, providing opportunities for our church family to connect with one another and with our neighbourhood. The Pastor of Connections & Communication will also be responsible for churchwide communications including weekly communications & media and website and social media updates. We are looking for an individual who is an excellent communicator and has a pastoral heart, love for people and a natural ability to connect people.
- Passionate and committed follower of Jesus who feels called by God.
- Theological education and/or relevant ministry experience.
- Desire and passion to connect the church with each other and their community.
- Natural ability to connect with others regardless of age, ethnicity or economic background
- Strong administrative and leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Skilled in media and graphic design
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assume responsibility for weekly church wide communication including email, Sunday print & media resources and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Update the website on a regular basis
- Prepare and publish a church Newsletter every other month
- Design and create media and print resources as needed for various church ministries
- Provide administrative support and a point of connection in the church office two mornings per week.
Connecting people by developing and coordinating the Welcome Ministry:
- Create an environment and promote a culture where all feel welcomed and embraced in the life of the church.
- Ensure every newcomer is followed up with within a week of their first visit
- Integrate newcomers into the life and ministry of Crown Point Community Church.
- Recruit and train volunteers for greeters, ushers, visitation teams, welcome centre, etc., and connect people strategically in their “sweet spot” for ministry.
- Update the communication materials for visitors as needed.
Connecting people with their area of gifting
- In collaboration with the pastoral team, help individuals identify their areas of gifting and connect them with opportunities to use and develop these gifts within our church community & neighbourhood.
Connecting our church family through Small Groups
- Provide leadership and oversight to the existing Small Group Ministry
- Connect people to a small group where they feel accepted, supported and spiritually challenged
Connecting our church family & community through Meals & Gatherings
- Provide an opportunity for connection through monthly potlucks after Sunday worship. (We have some Rockstar kitchen ladies that will help greatly with this)
- Organize and/or promote additional gatherings, events & opportunities for connection. (These could include games nights, fun nights, worship nights, etc)
Hours: 15 hours per week (We recognize that the above responsibilities are significant and expect they will be approached sequentially rather than all at once)
- Yearly Salary of $12500 (works out to $16/hour)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
Cover Letter and Resume can be submitted to:
Crown Point Community Church
92 Ottawa Street N., Hamilton, ON, L8H 3Z1
905-545-2002 ext. 225
Contact Person: Jason Brown – Lead pastor, firstname.lastname@example.org
***Applications will be reviewed starting May 1st, 2017 and on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.***
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 3834 ]