Markham, Ontario , L3P 3J3
the bridge is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church located in Markham. the bridge exists to create transformational connections with God, Self, the Church, and World. We do this corporately through our Gatherings, our Groups, and our Going. We gather for a change in perspective, we group for a change in practice, we go for change in our personal life network.
As a part of the Family Ministries team, the Youth Pastor will oversee, pastor and advocate for youth ministries. The Pastor will have a passion and vision for shepherding and equipping youth in the formation of faith. The Pastor will provide overall leadership for both junior high (VIBE) and senior high (FEARLESS), develop relationships with youth, and manage a team of volunteers.
Leadership & Team Building:
- Develop, execute and manage a vision, goals, and strategies for the growth of youth ministries.
- Provide pastoral and organizational leadership for both VIBE and FEARLESS.
- Develop a network and relationships with youth pastors and others in the community to help equip, grow and support the ministry, as well as reach the youth in the community.
- Recruit, equip, disciple and mobilize a team of volunteers.
- Work collaboratively with the pastoral staff and ministry volunteers to ensure strategic and smooth transitions between ministries.
- Cultivate a culture and environment that inspires, motivates and engages youth towards spiritual growth.
- Develop and execute strategies to engage and connect youth to VIBE and FEARLESS gatherings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with youth, parents, and children moving into VIBE.
- Equip and provide pastoral care, coaching and counseling for youth and parents.
- Act as the primary communicator and preach at weekly youth gatherings.
- Oversee lifegroups in youth ministry; developing and sourcing curriculum. Foster a culture of groups as part of the bridge’s discipleship process.
Administration & Communication:
- Ensure youth ministries webpages and all social media are up to date.
- Communicate youth updates to parents on a regular basis.
- Develop and manage the youth ministries budget, as well as ministry plans and impact reports.
- Develop and oversee a calendar of strategic initiatives and events for both VIBE and FEARLESS.
- Work with the staff team on events, room bookings and communication requests.
- Oversee youth missions initiatives/events and co-lead the Dominican Republic mission trip with the Young Adults Pastor.
- Assist with other family ministry and church events as required. (e.g. Adventure Bible Camp, Family Luau, summer camps, etc. )
- Other pastoral responsibilities such as funerals, weddings, baptisms, etc. as required.
- Attend staff meetings, retreats, events, etc.
- Other related duties as required.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma. Bible college or seminary degree would be an asset.
- 2-3 years experience in pastoral ministry, preferably in the area of youth ministry.
- A calling, passion and gifting for youth ministry.
- Demonstrated experience in preaching and teaching, as well as pastoring youth.
- Possess the gifts of teaching, shepherding and encouragement, with a heart for discipling youth.
- Ability to effectively develop, implement, and communicate a vision and ministry plan.
- Ability to respond to crises and be sensitive to the needs of others.
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and motivate teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- A high capacity, energetic self-starter who can think strategically and work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, internet, social media, and database.
- Very good organizational skills, with the ability to manage priorities and a ministry budget.
- Able to support and promote the bridge’s beliefs, mission, vision and values.
For more information on the bridge, go to www.thebridgemarkham.com. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. the bridge invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position(s), however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 3888 ]