Worship & Creative Arts Pastor
Worship & Creative Arts Pastor
Markham, Ontario , L3P 3J3
the bridge is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church located in Markham. the bridge exists to create transformational connections with God, Self, the Church, and World. We do this corporately through our Gatherings, our Groups, and our Going. We gather for a change in perspective, we group for a change in practice, we go for change in our personal life network.
the bridge is looking for a Worship & Creative Arts Pastor who will oversee, pastor and advocate for the worship and creative arts ministry at the bridge. This includes managing the areas of worship, service and set design, and tech / AV. As the creative architect of our weekend gatherings, he / she will coordinate all service elements in order to create inspiring environments where people can encounter God. The Pastor will also be a leader who motivates those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This is a pastoral position that serves not only as a musical / worship arts director, but also as a shepherd to the people in the ministry.
Pastoral Leadership & Team Building:
- Develop, communicate and execute a vision and ministry plan for the worshp & creative arts ministry.
- Recruit, equip, mobilize and lead teams in the areas of worship, service / set design, and AV.
- Identify and mentor leaders to share in the leading of weekend worship services.
- Model, teach, equip and inspire toward a life of continual and meaningful worship.
- Serves as a pastor, as well as a musician, shepherding those in the ministry and the church, providing a vision and passion for the larger worship life of the church alongside the executive and pastoral team.
Gatherings (Weekend Services):
- As the creative catalyst, develop goals and implement plans for gathering experiences and environments that lead people toward a meaningful worshipful experience with Christ.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor to develop sermon series and themes.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and service design team on the development of weekend service elements (e.g. videos, sermon topic, communion, etc.), integrating various creative elements into a cohesive message that supports the sermon series and the mission and vision of church life.
- Collaborate with the communications team and pastoral staff as required for service elements.
- Work with the set design team to integrate various creative elements and create a cohesive theme and atmosphere for the sermon series and the gathering environment.
- Partner with the Assimilation Pastor to ensure a welcoming gathering environment, and to develop an integrated assimilation process into groups and ministries.
- Serve as the primary worship leader for weekend services and other gatherings/services as required. (e.g. baptism services)
- Provide meaningful moments for the church to worship and intentionally connect with God.
- Schedule volunteers for gatherings and special events.
- Conduct and rehearse weekly with vocalists and musicians.
- Select music and write arrangements (if necessary) for services, vocalists and musicians.
- Oversee the purchase and maintenance of all music, audio visual, lighting and stage equipment.
- To influence and connect with other pastoral staff regarding the development of worship arts ministries within their departments.
- Maintain the worship database and work collaboratively with the IT team on technical requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the facilities team for gatherings, special events, etc.
- Develop and maintain a worship arts budget.
- Other pastoral responsibilities such as providing pastoral care, participating in weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, church events / meetings, etc. as required.
- Attend and participate in executive and staff meetings, retreats, events, etc.
- Other related duties as required by the Lead Pastor.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma. Bible college or seminary degree would be an asset.
- A minimum of five years in pastoral ministry.
- Demonstrated experience in leading others in worship, both instrumentally and vocally.
- Ability to lead a contemporary band, including musicians and vocalists with a heart of worship.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to build, lead, develop and motivate teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and build relationships.
- A self-starter with the ability to think strategically and work collaboratively with multiple teams.
- Very good computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, internet and database
- Proficient in audio visual technology. i.e. sound, lighting, and video equipment.
- Experience with Planning Centre and Pro Presenter is an asset.
- Very good organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and manage priorities.
- Able to support and promote the bridge’s mission, vision and values.
For more information on the bridge, go to www.thebridgemarkham.com. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. the bridge invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position(s), however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 3889 ]