Mississauga, Ontario , L5N 2R2
Facility Manager The MCA Facility Manager will be: a follower of Jesus Christ; will report to the Principal; manage custodial staff, IT Services and facilities services for both 2690 and 2720 Gananoque Drive building facilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
1. providing daily supervision and direction to custodians and school attendants, contracted services;
2. providing site management for 2690 and 2720 Gananoque Drive for all aspects of facilities operations including ensuring that standards of cleaning, maintenance and security are maintained;
3. managing an annual budget;
4. provision of all the facilities related contracted services for 2690 and 2720 Gananoque Drive
5. administration of contracts and agreements;
6. identification, prioritization and administration of building renewal projects;
7. participating in the planning, scheduling and monitoring of new construction and additions;
8. training custodial staff in facilities/building operations and maintenance, Health and Safety, WHMIS, asbestos, ladders/lifts, ground care and equipment and record keeping;
9. on call approximately 2 weeks per year to provide leadership in responding to all after hour emergencies and be available to assist with afterhours/weekend emergencies in the assigned area;
10. assist with hiring new staff and participating in the promotion of existing staff;
11. other duties as assigned.
1. Post-secondary diploma or certification in a related field with equivalent experience and training in facilities/custodial operations and management/supervision; or progress towards completion of a diploma/certification in a related field with equivalent experience and training in facilities/custodial operations and management/supervision required.
2. Minimum of 5 years experience providing custodial services in progressively responsible positions and 2 years supervisory experience.
3. Thorough working knowledge of custodial and maintenance processes, Peel District School Board policies and procedures, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, and budgets.
4. Demonstrated supervisory and leadership experience.
5. Excellent technical, presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
6. Demonstrated coordination, project management, initiative, decision making, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
7. Excellent budget management, organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail.
8. Strong Microsoft Office computer skills.
9. Must possess a car and have a valid driver's license.
10. Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
Salary: $47,250 - $50,000
Duties are to commence as soon as possible. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but we will only interview candidates, whose skills, experience and qualifications best meet the requirements of the position.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 3919 ]