Egmont, British Columbia , V0N 1N0
The Malibu Club is a remote Christian youth camp located at the mouth of the Princess Louisa Inlet in B.C. Malibu provides Young Life with the facilities to run their summer outreach programs. Young Life is a Christian ministry whose mission is introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith. All duties are to be performed in a manner that is compatible with the mission of Young Life.
Malibu is seeking a qualified and experienced Maintenance Mechanic to join our professional operations team. This is a full-time, permanent position based at the youth camp located at the mouth of the Princess Louisa Inlet in BC. Due to the location of the Malibu Club it is required that staff live on-site year round.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Maintenance Supervisor will be required to operate and maintain the physical property which includes:
- Buildings, utilities, equipment, water systems; specifically involving mechanical skills, repairing appliances, working on boat maintenance, and other mechanical duties; and
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work, staff and volunteers.
- Completion of secondary school and supervisory/management experience is required for this position.
- Five years' experience in the trades/carpentry/mechanical is preferred.
- Be able to communicate (read/write/speak) effectively in English.
- Must be willing to participate in the ongoing witness of the Young Life programs and be in sympathy with its central purpose of proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Due to the remote location of the Malibu Club, it is required that staff live on-site year round.
Salary and Benefits
Salary, company benefits (medical, dental, vision) and housing will be provided.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 3951 ]