Arts & Athletics Program Manager
Arts & Athletics Program Manager
Rosseau, Ontario , P0C 1J0
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and across Ontario through our CITYCAMP program. We specialize in summer camp, day camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
Job Title: Arts & Athletics Program Manager
Reports To: Director of Schools & Groups
Employment Status: Full Time
Location: at our Resort in Rosseau, ON
Job Purpose: This position leads, manages and is accountable for all activity development, activity facilities and purchasing for all year round Arts & Athletic department areas. The Arts & Athletic Program Manager is responsible for the delivery of all activity offerings and providing unmatched developmental experiences through activity offerings.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Arts & Athletic Operations (35%)
- Accountable for managing guest safety for all Arts & Athletic areas and works to minimize risk with our Risk Management Director
- Ensure programs follow OPHEA, TSSA and MW Standard Operation Procedures
- Responsible for all set up & tear down that happens over every season
- Responsible for all equipment inventory management
- Facilitate activities as required
Arts & Athletic Program Development (30%)
- Benchmark Muskoka Woods’ current programs and make recommendations
- Incorporate directives of SIGNATURE Experience to all athletic areas
- Adapt current programs and develops new programs to add value to guests
- Responsible for the selection and maintaining of all activity offerings for the Schools & Groups season
- Plan and improve activity scheduling and lesson planning Assist Director of Schools & Groups in brainstorming, planning, and implementing of programming across all aspects of camp
Customer Service (20%)
- Responsible for teacher and guest survey follow-up throughout the year
- Executing the absolute best experience for our group leaders
- Assisting seasonal CORE members with guest related issues that arise
- Executing guest requests in professional and timely manner
- Teaching seasonal staff how to interact with guests and group leaders
Staff Hiring, Management & Development (10%)
- Alongside the Director of Schools & Groups, responsible for interviewing and selecing Program Core Staff
- Participate and implement quarterly Staff Development Weeks
- Responsible for department specific training with Program Core
- Plan and implement meetings with team and individuals ensuring growth rings are completed in a timely manner.
- Work alongside and coach as required.
- Participate in community events and initiatives as required (i.e. Cadence, one on ones, social gatherings)
- Liase with other departments about program needs and concerns
- Work cross departmentally (Summer, CITYCAMP, Leadership Studio) as required
- Participate in meetings as needed
- Participate in corporate events including Town Hall, Leadership Meetings and Annual Retreat
- Personal and professional development
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for youth ministry, leadership development and outdoor recreation.
- Proven ability in planning, organizing and implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple high priority tasks.
- High energy and positive attitude.
- Ability to initiate independently as well as work effectively on a team.
- University/College degree in either Education, Kinesiology, Recreation & Leisure or the equivalent
- Three to five years of year round camp experience or the equivalent in working with children and youth.
- Ropes Course certification and experience as asset.
Essential Functions Required:
- Ability to lift and move 10 to 40 lbs
- Able to stand, walk and work for 6 to 8 hours
- Ability to communicate both written and verbal with staff and guests
*Please note that this position is located at the Resort in Rosseau, Ontario and requires the employee to live on property. Compensation consists of a salary, benefits, plus accommodation is provided.
Please forward all cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in Muskoka Woods!!
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 3976 ]