Arts & Athletics Program Manager
Arts & Athletics Program Manager
Rosseau, Ontario , P0C 1J0
Company Description: Muskoka Woods is a Christian Youth Resort that welcomes all young people to life changing experiences. Camp guests choose from water sports and athletics, media and arts, leadership and team building programs. Muskoka Woods offers choices: summer camp, school trips and groups retreats on Lake Rosseau, and summer day camp in the Greater Toronto Area. Muskoka Woods is a safe place where kids grow mentally, physically, spiritually and socially. A place where creativity reigns, friendships flourish and confidence grows. FUN IS OUR TRADEMARK!
Job Title: Arts & Athletics Program Manager
Reports To: Director of Schools & Groups
Employment Status: Full Time
Location: at our Resort in Rosseau, ON
Job Purpose: This position leads, manages and is accountable for all activity development, activity facilities and purchasing for all year round Arts & Athletic department areas. The Arts & Athletic Program Manager is responsible for the delivery of all activity offerings and providing unmatched developmental experiences through activity offerings.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Arts & Athletic Program Development (30%)
- Benchmark Muskoka Woods’ current programs and make recommendations
- Incorporate directives of UMDX to all athletic areas
- Adapt current programs and develops new programs to add value to guests
- Responsible for the selection and development of all activity offerings for the Schools & Groups season
- Plan and improve activity scheduling and lesson planning Assist Director of Schools & Groups in brainstorming, planning, and implementing of programming across all aspects of camp
2. Arts & Athletic Operations (30%)
- Responsible for managing guest safety for all Arts & Athletic areas and working to minimize risk
- Ensure programs follow OPHEA, TSSA and MW Standard Operation Procedures
- Responsible for all set up & tear down that happens over every season
- Responsible for all equipment inventory management
- Facilitate activities as required
3. Ropes Course Management (20%)
- Ensure the highest safety standard with assistance from vendor partners across all ropes course elements
- Train of seasonal staff on eligible high ropes elements
- Demonstrate clear understanding of safety requirements and models the standard to staff
- Order and purchase equipment that is regulated by TSSA
- Maintain vendor relationships including: Adventureworks! And CUI
- Inventory management
4. Staff Hiring, Management & Development (10%)
- Alongside the Director of Schools & Groups, responsible for interviewing and selecting Program Core Staff
- Participate and implement quarterly Staff Development Weeks
- Responsible for department specific training with Program Core
- Plan and implement meetings with team and individuals ensuring growth rings are completed in a timely manner.
- Work alongside and coach as required.
- Participate in community events and initiatives as required (i.e. Cadence, one on ones, social gatherings)
- Liase with other departments about program needs and concerns
6. Customer Service (5%)
- Responsible for teacher and guest survey follow-up throughout the year
- Assisting seasonal CORE members with guest related issues that arise
7. Other (5%)
- Work cross departmentally (Summer, CITYCAMP, Leadership Studio) as required
- Participate in meetings as needed
- Participate in corporate events including Town Hall, Leadership Meetings and Annual Retreat
- Personal and professional development
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- Passion for youth ministry, leadership development and outdoor recreation.
- Proven ability in planning, organizing and implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple high priority tasks.
- High energy and positive attitude.
- Ability to initiate independently as well as work effectively on a team.
- University/College degree in either Education, Kinesiology, Recreation & Leisure or the equivalent
- Three to five years of year round camp experience or the equivalent in working with children and youth.
- Ropes Course certification and experience as asset.
*Please note that this position is located at the Resort in Rosseau, Ontario and requires the employee to live on property. Compensation consists of a salary, benefits, plus accommodation is provided.
Please forward all cover letters and resumes to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in Muskoka Woods!!
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 3976 ]