Medical Office Assistant
Medical Office Assistant
Toronto, Ontario , M3H 2S4
Medical Office Assistant / Secretary
Job Posting: Medical Office Assistant
Spring Health | Get Well Clinic
Term: Part-time (Monday 12-7, Wednesday 12-7, Friday 12-7, optional Saturday mornings)
Location: Sheppard Ave West and Bathurst, Toronto
Start Date: As soon as possible
Requirement: Cantonese and Mandarin language skill
Provide an excellent customer service experience while providing reception, secretarial, administrative, and assistance to physicians, staff, and patients in a caring, tactful, confidential, efficient and supportive manner for a medical office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and register patients seeking medication attention in person, telephone, or online, including booking and retrieving patient charts according to established policies and procedures.
- Measure and record vitals.
- Interact with patients in person, telephone, or online when communicating information regarding clinic, organization, programs and products.
- Convey messages accurately and appropriately from medical professionals, staff and patients.
- Prepare and type correspondence from dictation, drafts, and originate correspondence on designated subjects including followups.
- Prepare billings, invoices, receive and process payments for OHIP, WSIB, private and other third parties as required and according to established policies and procedures.
- Reconcile accounts payable/receivables, and produce summaries, day sheets, and financial statements on a regular and timely basis.
- Process incoming and outgoing media (such as reports, labs/investigations, letters, prescription renewals) from fax, mail, or online methods.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records on the clinic/organization’s record systems (including but not limited to the electronic medical record, databases etc.)
- Follow-up on tasks such as consultation requests, information or materials acquisition, requesting medical records, and tracking down missing or pending items.
- Scan, process and file documents.
- Provide assistance to medical staff during clinical encounters (such as setting up rooms, translation, chaperone doctors, and provide an extra hand during minor procedures) as per established Policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
- Communicate with difficult patients and family with a calm, personable, and reassuring manner.
- Ordering and stocking office and medical supplies.
- Regular tidying clinic rooms.
- Regular wipe down of clinic surfaces, equipment, beds, and door knobs.
- Regular cleaning (plus or minus sterilization) of used medical equipment and gowns.
- Regular light cleaning of clinic floors (ie. Swiffer mop).
- Post information and updates on social media and websites regarding the clinic and health according to established Policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
- Abide by the clinic/organization Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, and Code of Conduct.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Be willing and able to be trained, to expand scope of work, and to train others.
Education and Qualifications
- Eligible to legally work in Ontario.
- High school graduate; with post-secondary education in university/college; or a diploma in medical office assistant.
- Understand and appropriate use medical terminology.
- Proficient in English language.
- Proficient in Mandarin and/or Cantonese
- Previous experience in a medical practice environment is preferred.
- Proficiency in computer skills (desktop, and mobile devices; Windows, word processing, spreadsheets, Google Apps, typing, scanning, email, chat, web interfaces, mobile apps, mail merge)
- Typing skill: Minimum 40 words per minute, 200 character per minute.
- Previous experience with Oscar EMR is an asset.
- Desktop publishing skills are an asset.
- Past experience in customer service field is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of electronic/computer privacy and security issues.
- Knowledge of OHIP, WSIB, IFH, chiropractic and other third party billings.
- Knowledge and ability to navigate the healthcare system work for patients seeking care in a primary care setting.
- Ability to multi-task, be organized, be meticulous, and be able to work in a fast paced environment with precision, efficiency and speed.
Effort and Working Conditions
- Working within a typical medical office environment, and assisting in minor procedures and tidying up of clinic.
Please contact us with a cover letter, resume, and references and email to “jobs(at)springhealth.org”, addressed to Office Manager.
We will receive applications and contact you further for an interview if you meet preliminary requirements.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 3983 ]