PAC Assistant - PT
PAC Assistant - PT
The Mustard Seed’s Mission is to build hope and wellbeing for our most vulnerable citizens through Jesus’ love.
The PAC Assistant reports to the Personal Assistance Centre (PAC) Supervisor and is the first point of contact for community participants to The Mustard Seed. This role oversees the PAC store operations and has a broad working knowledge of all areas of The Mustard Seed. Responsibilities include maintaining established procedures, managing conflict in a restorative manner and ensuring the safety and order of the building. The Personal Assistance Centre seeks to help connect people to support whether emotional, physical or spiritual, recognizing that the way we help people can drastically affect the way they view themselves.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Fulfill the mission of The Mustard Seed’s ministry and maintain a high level of professionalism, respect and gratitude with all staff, donors, volunteers, community participants and visitors
• Ensure the security of the PAC store for community participants, volunteers and staff by ensuring zero tolerance policies are being followed
• Support and manage the daily operations of the PAC store, including intake and assisting community participants with item requests, referrals and check out
• Support the PAC Supervisor in facilitating programming and implementing policy and procedures
• Act as team lead for all PAC shifts when required
• Assist volunteers (groups and individuals) with PAC, sorting and other duties as required
• Maintain, develop and facilitate volunteer engagement including briefings and debriefings
• Communicate with the Warehouse Facilitator for maintaining inventory and cleanliness within PAC
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Experience working within the diverse culture of the inner city and/or with the less fortunate is preferred
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills with the ability to support front-line programs is preferred
• Strong communication (written and verbal) and conflict resolution skills
• Strong initiative to actively seek out tasks and improve service
• Ability to work independently and also with a team
• Knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and data entry
• Knowledge of ETO (Efforts to Outcomes) software is an asset
• Experience working in a volunteer-based organization is considered an asset
• Part-time hourly position (12-15 hours a week)
• Availability to work afternoon and evenings is required
• Will predominantly work indoors, with the exception of responding to situations outside if necessary
• Lift up to 30 pounds to sort, pack and move items
• Periods of sitting, standing, walking, indoors and outdoors
• This position is often fast paced and requires moderate amount of mental effort to analyze information and problem solve
• Vulnerable Sector and Employment Security Check is required
• As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
• The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
• Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: Immediate
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com specifying Position Title and Location in the subject line.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 4035 ]