Children’s Ministry Pastor
Children’s Ministry Pastor
Markham, Ontario , L3S 2C4
Full Time Position: Children’s Ministry Pastor Reports To: Senior Pastor Salary Range: Remuneration commensurate with education and experiences
Submit your application to:
Pastoral Search Committee Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Available Immediately
Pastor the children and minister to their needs from both within and outside of the church. The incumbent prepares to receive the children coming to the church and integrate them as they leave to join the youth ministries. The church has approximately 60 children currently, and she has three congregations; namely the Cantonese, Mandarin and English speaking congregations. The incumbent must be prepared to work with many people and of different backgrounds and age groups. There will be work such as meetings and phone calls at after hours.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and maintain strategic plans and programs; and development of the Children’s Ministry (CM) vision and direction;
- Support Senior Pastor and CM core committee members to recruit, train, retain, empower and provide shepherding care to volunteers serving in Children's Ministry;
- Work Closely with Senior Pastor, congregational ministries staff and Children's ministry core committee members and actively attend and participate children programs or events;
- Motivate children and young people to become God-fearing and people-loving persons through his/her preaching, teaching and personal relationship and life;
- Help to bridge between the children and the youth ministries;
- Help to support parents with young children regarding children related issues.
Skills and Qualifications
Person who has the passion and the desire to serve and possessed with the following qualifications and personality is encourage to apply:
- A Bachelor of Theology or equivalent, with sound biblical knowledge
- At least 3 years of experience in a pastoral role in Children’s ministry.
- Must have a passion for children and love for children and an understanding of their needs.
- Knowledge in both Chinese and Canadian cultures.
- Must be fluent in English and workable knowledge of Mandarin, knowing Cantonese is an asset.
- Strong in emotional intelligence and people skills
- Team development skills
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Please be advised that only qualified applicants who are selected to proceed in the selection process will be contacted. All employment offers made are contingent upon satisfactory results of a vulnerable sector screening and reference checks.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 4060 ]