9:30 a.m. Service Music Lead
9:30 a.m. Service Music Lead
Toronto, Ontario , M4W 1C8
9:30 a.m. Service (Bridge) Music Lead
St. Paul’s Bloor Street (SPBS) is a vibrant Anglican church located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We are looking for a professional, outgoing, dependable and enthusiastic individual with a passion for people and a strong desire to serve, learn and grow. As a member of our ministry team, the 9:30 a.m. Service (Bridge) Music Lead will report to the Senior Minister (Rector) and be responsible to plan, coordinate, and lead the weekly 9:30 a.m. service musical worship for the members of the church. The Music Lead prays, sings and interacts with band, ministry team and church members to ensure the service flows as smoothly as possible from beginning to end. This role coordinates service themes with the music enabling the congregation to worship the Living God.
- Develop, lead and organize effective musical worship at the 9:30 a.m. service
- Coordinate and plan weekly music for worship service in conjunction with the theme of the sermon
- Research and plan musical aspects of worship including potentially unique and specialized music
- Recruit, train and mentor volunteer worship band members with diverse gifts and personalities, always seeking to equip them for ministry leadership.
- Maintain contact with band members, keeping them informed of ongoing rehearsals and activities.
- Commit to the vision, core values and mission of SPBS and become creatively involved in its development. Assist in the implementation of the governance model and adaptive strategic ministry plan.
- Attend the weekly Ministry Team and Weekly Worship Meeting for prayer and planning
- Seek to integrate the 9:30 a.m. music ministry into the church life to create a community that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
And other duties as required.
- A baptized follower of Christ, active in the life of the Church and regularly attends worship when able.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of St. Paul’s Bloor Street.
- One who is gifted and called to a music ministry, loves Jesus Christ and has a passion for music and evangelism, both personally and at the ministry level.
- Ability to work as part of a ministry team.
- Previous experience in worship and arts ministries an asset
- A self-motivated leader, capable of creating, executing and casting a long-term vision for the 9:30 a.m. service music ministry
- Organized, values boundaries, ability to recruit, coordinate and empower persons in ministry.
- Relational style of leadership and ministry
- Willing to submit to a Police background check and comply with the policies of St. Paul’s
- This is a part-time position, Sunday and Tuesday mornings and also TBD rehearsal times.
- September start
Please submit your cover letter, salary expectations and resume to:
Senior Minister (Rector)
St. Paul’s Bloor Street Anglican Church
227 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON M4W 1C8
Or email@example.com (If applying via email, please put “9:30 a.m. Worship Lead” in the subject line)
No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed as received. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 4093 ]