The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta.
Reporting to the Fund Development Manager (Edmonton), the Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting The Mustard Seed’s fundraising program by initiating and sustaining donor stewardship activities and assisting in the cultivation of relationships with individual and corporate donors. This position will work in collaboration with Development/Development Services, Communications, Community Engagement and Volunteer Services teams to create meaningful engagement opportunities, maintain accurate donor records and provide a range of development reports and funding proposals. The successful candidate will be a high achiever who is passionate about the organization’s cause and thrives in a dynamic team-focused environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Actively steward a portfolio of annual contributors (individual, corporate, church, foundation and association donors) through gift acknowledgement, including thank you letters, impact reports, personal calls, visits and facility tours in order to create ongoing partnerships and donor engagement
• Assist the Fund Development Manager to cultivate major donors through cultivation events and the ‘Give First’ initiative in order to engage corporate donors on both grassroots and boardroom levels
• Collaborate with Development peers in Edmonton, Calgary and Red Deer to develop and facilitate an annual stewardship plan with provincial scope, but specific to the needs and interests of Edmonton donors
• Represent The Mustard Seed to the corporate sector and identify sponsorship and donation opportunities
• Assist the Fund Development Manager and Prospect Research Coordinator CGY with major donor research and moves management initiatives
• Work in concert with Volunteer Services to grow a team of development volunteers and interns who enhance and support stewardship and cultivation activities
• Train and become proficient in Salesforce database to maintain up-to-date major gift prospect and donor tracking, and become the ‘SuperUser’ for the EDM team
• Become knowledgeable in The Seed’s revenue and expense coding in order to be a ‘go to’ person for the EDM team
• Assist the Fund Development Manager with day-to-day tasks such as scheduling, appointment setting, as well as monthly and quarterly projections and progress reports
• Oversee weekly deposits in coordination with Administrative Assistant
• Support the development team in the facilitation of fundraising, cultivation and stewardship events
• Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Post-secondary education or relevant experience in not-for-profit management or business (management, sales/marketing and administration)
• Minimum of 2 to 5 years of related work experience, with preference to experience within a fundraising, customer service or sales role
• Personal passion for serving those in poverty, and a strong ability to communicate that passion to others
• A skill for building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Superior interpersonal skills, presentation and public speaking skills, good listening and negotiation skills
• Energetic self-starter who can work independently and within a dynamic and collaborative team environment
• Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to strict deadlines
• Superior written and oral communications skills
• Proven proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and experience with online search tools
• Proficiency with Salesforce or other fundraising database software
• Sound judgment and decision-making capabilities
• Full-time, 40 hours per week. Flexibility required for some evening and weekend work.
• Office environment, with frequent external meetings throughout the city.
• A valid Class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle required
• Driver’s Abstract and Employment Security Check is required
• As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
• The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation
• Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: Immediate
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com indicating the position title in the subject line.
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 4108 ]