Brampton, Ontario , L6S 4L6
Position Description: 2017 Children and Youth Summer Worker
Bramalea Free Methodist Church
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Create and implement weekly events for children & youth.
2. Plan and execute summer outreach events specifically designed for children and youth.
3. Administration responsibilities including promotion, site preparation, volunteer recruitment, leadership training, and communication with participants.
4. Develop/update social media/newsletters to promote events pertaining to family, children and youth as well as other related organizational information.
5. Assist in responsibilities pertaining to Sunday morning Children’s program including, but
not limited to, coordinating schedules, lesson preparation and supervision of children.
6. Assist the BFMC Ministry Leadership Team in other projects/pastoral duties as skills
and time allow.
7. Oversee two weeks of VBS programming over the summer.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
•Deep commitment to Jesus Christ and in agreement with BFMC statement of faith
•Passion for working with children and youth
•Strong personal skills, especially with children & youth, volunteers and parents
•Strong administrative, communication and leadership skills
•Able to work effectively both in team situations and independently
•Uphold the BFMC Plan to Protect policy (eg. complete ‘Police Vulnerable Sector Check and
‘Plan to Protect’ online training webinar from BFMC account, etc.)
•Valid Driver’s License and access to a Vehicle
•Eligible through Canada Summer Jobs 2017 program
Be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
Have been registered as a full‐time student in the previous academic year and intend to
return to school on a full‐time basis in the next academic year.
Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has
been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation
Other: References must be provided upon request.
Expense Assistance offered through Canada Summer Jobs 2017 Program. (Duration of employment may fluctuate depending on funding approval from Service Canada)
Submit resume and cover letter by e‐mail to
email@example.com by June 15 2017.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 4111 ]