Markham, Ontario , L3R 9Z9
The World Relief Canada team is made of Christians passionate about ending poverty. Inspired by the example and teaching of Jesus, we recognize that people have deeply interconnected material and spiritual needs. We seek to meet those needs by working through local Christian networks across Africa and Asia - primarily through churches and faith-based organizations that are at the heart of their communities.
World Relief Canada is looking for an innovative and energetic Graphic Designer and Digital Media Specialist passionate about visually presenting stories of partnerships and of transformed lives in the developing world. This person will be an inventive, up-to-date and creative. They would constantly seek new and attractive ways of telling the story of the impact of World Relief’s Development programs to the Canadian Church, individual donors and prospects.
Reporting to the Communications Director, as part of a small team of 10 people, this individual will have to be a multi-tasker. They will create proprietary graphics, content and collateral material and adapt them for use on various new and traditional media. They will support the needs of program, communications and donor relations’ staff and be responsible for maintaining World Relief’s social media presence. Delivery to defined timelines is the norm and coordinating with outside suppliers may be required on special projects.
1. Graphic Design (50%)
Responsible for design and adaptation of excellent communication pieces for various traditional and new media, to support public engagement, donor relations, marketing and promotional requirements, reporting and public presentations. In cooperation with the Communications Director, assist in developing and maintaining a consistent brand identity for the organization.
2. Digital Media Management (30%)
Manage, maintain and monitor online presence and social media channels on behalf of World Relief Canada. Presenting content in creative and visually appealing ways to maximize public engagement and increase World Relief’s brand recognition with its donors and the public.
3. Administration (20%)
Manage production of communication pieces, and assist in maintaining communication department records and files. Assist as needed and with organizational administrative needs as directed by the Communications Director.
· Post Secondary qualification in graphic design, fine arts, communications or related field
· Highly skilled, and experienced in graphic design with proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Proficient in web communications and social media management
· Self-motivated, independent worker who takes initiative and works well within a fast-paced team environment.
· Understanding of marketing strategy and implementation
· Experience with print production process.
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
· Track record of administration and organizational abilities
· Ability to learn new technology quickly. Experience with Google Suite, Raiser’s Edge, AKA raisin, Mail Chimp, and/or WordPress would be an asset.
· Fully aligned with the vision, mission, and values World Relief Canada (worldrelief.ca/about-us/). Appreciation of international development and World Relief’s approach to alleviating poverty.
· Maintain and model spiritually thriving relationship with God and passion for Jesus. All roles within World Relief Canada require the willingness to share in times of Scriptural reflection and prayer and a readiness to engage with our faith-based constituency and partners
All of the above responsibilities require attention to professional standards, Christian faith, morality and integrity, and positive interpersonal relationships. If you would like to apply for this role, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15th, 2017.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
World Relief Canada is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 4114 ]