Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Markham, Ontario , L6C 1H8
Job Title: English Pastor, full time and permanent
Brief Job Description:
Work within a team setting to shepherd about 200 congregants of diverse age groups dominantly of Asian origin in the English Division
Overview of Church and Community :
Currently the church has a team of 7 pastoral staff and 1100+ congregants across four Divisions: English (~200 people), Mandarin (~200 people), Cantonese (~550 people) and Young Life Division (~150 people). The church is strategically situated next to Hwy 404 between Major Mackenzie Drive E. and 16th Avenue in a residential area developed over the past 20 years and is expanding into the north with predominately Asian origin.
Role and Responsibilities
• Be involved in general pastoral duties and the development of the English Division.
• Work with church leaders to recruit, train, coach and support related ministry leaders.
• Serve as mentor to the assigned Small Groups, shepherd Small Group Leaders, visit those groups on a regular basis and offer support and realistic help to them.
• Participate in pulpit ministry, teaching ministry and prayer ministry
• Provide support, visitation and pastoral counseling to related leaders and members as needed.
• Attend meetings of related ministry including Pastoral Staff meeting, Council meeting, Deacon Board meeting, Members meeting, English Division meeting etc as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• With calling from God and with strong passion to serve in the body of Christ
• Theological education: M.Div. or above from an accredited and recognized theological institution
• Pastoral experience in North America of similar church size and culture
• Excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of Chinese is an asset
• Accredited by or willing to seek accreditation with CBOQ
• Be a team player and cooperate with other Divisional pastors for ministry alignment and church unity
Small group Experience is an asset
*Accredited or willing o become an accredited pastor with CBOQ.
*Applicant with disabilities is welcome. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deaconess Lydia Cheung
Church Phone Number: 905-887-6222
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 4129 ]