Toronto , Ontario
Part-time Position: Community Chaplain (15 hrs/wk)
FreeChurch was started in 2001 as primarily a young adult church. Over the past few years the church has been transitioning to a multi-generational neighbourhood focused network of congregations (Annex & Kensington) and missional communities (West End, East End, Annex, and Kensington Market). FreeChurch Toronto is made up of people from a wide rage of denominations. Our formal affiliation is with the Ontario Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches.
Our vision is to see prodigals come home and Christ followers formed in a community empowered for the flourishing of our city.
• Chaplaincy ministry
• 8 hrs of Chaplaincy ministry per week at local nursing home
• Offering one on one friendship, prayer, Scripture reflection to senior adults suffering from various forms of dementia or Alzheimer's.
• Assist full-time Chaplain in other programs when needed
Neighbourhood Missional leadership
• Move into the Kensington Market neighbourhood (within 6-12 months after taking position)
• Work with Sr. Pastor and other Kensington leaders in developing an intentional community in the neighbourhood
• Provide leadership for the intentional community
• Finding part-time employment within the Kensington Market neighbourhood is encouraged.
• Work with Kensington Community Group leaders in developing and strengthening discipleship and missional engagement in group members
• Strengthen existing and develop new partnerships with other community oriented organizations in Kensington Market neighbourhood.
• Build relationships and provide pastoral care within the Kensington congregation
• Preach at both Annex and Kensington congregations as assigned by Sr. Pastor (approx. once per month)
• Participate in weekly staff meetings to execute vision and plan effective ministry
o Graduate or current student in a bachelor or masters degree in theology, pastoral, or related field.
o Passionate about following Jesus in community and missional incarnational living and ministry in an urban post-Christian context
o Experience in Chaplaincy ministry an asset
o Alignment and agreement with the beliefs, values, mission and vision of FreeChurch Toronto.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 4158 ]