A Place Called Hope is a Christian, multi-ethnic congregation in mid-town Toronto. Our church began as an extension of Somang Korean Presbyterian Church – a first-generation Korean congregation. In recent years our English ministry has grown in size and diversity to its present multi-ethnic identity.
We are currently in the search for a new part-time youth and young adult pastor to join our growing English ministry. The target group is youth ages 13-20 years of age. Since the role is dynamic, we welcome creativity in how ministry is carried out. However some duties may include:
- Building and implementing an engaging framework for youth discipleship
- Bridge-building between youth and first-generation Korean parents
- Planning and facilitating weekly youth programing
- Involvement in the greater church community and alignment with APCH values and mission
The ideal candidate would possess some of the following:
- Completed or in the process of completing theological/biblical studies
- A demonstrated passion for youth outreach and discipleship
- Lived experience or knowledge of Second-Generation Korean-Canadian cultural dynamics
- Experience in youth programming such as sports/recreation, music and the arts
- Knowledge of social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, etc) is an asset
We welcome all applicants, but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please send cover letters, resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 4159 ]