Family Ministries Pastor
Family Ministries Pastor
Winnipeg, Manitoba , R2J 4L5
FAMILY MINISTRIES PASTOR
Cornerstone Alliance Church
Cornerstone Alliance Church (Christian and Missionary Alliance) in Winnipeg is growing and so we are looking to hire a full-time Family Ministries Pastor to oversee our ministry for children and youth (0-18 years old). The starting date is September 2017.
We are looking for someone with a heart for discipleship and a desire to see children and youth grow in their love for God.
The two main areas of responsibility are the Children’s Ministry (birth to grade 6), and the youth ministry (grade 7-12).
AREAS OF OVERSIGHT
In both of the following areas, the Family Ministries Pastor will be expected to train and raise up teams of volunteers to run the ministries.
Our youth group is thriving and continues to grow. Attendance at our weekly Friday evening events is larger than ever and morale is high. The youth group is led by a team of dedicated youth sponsors who are parent of teens in the youth group and we want to continue using adult volunteers in this ministry as we valued inter-generational relationships at Cornerstone and this is one way to nurture these kinds of relationships.
The youth ministry also includes C&MA Bible Quizzing and our teams are growing in numbers as well. Ideally, the Family Ministries Pastor would be someone with experience in this area as this would be one of the ministries he/she would be overseeing as well.
Our children’s ministry is also completely led by parent volunteers and now we need someone to oversee the children’s ministry and all the volunteers. We have Sunday School classes for children from preschool to grade 6 and we run a Bible camp for one week in the summer months.
A nursery is also run by volunteers during the Sunday morning worship services.
THE FAMILY MINISTRIES PASTOR WILL:
- encourage intergenerational gatherings to help the young and all generations to recognize how God is working in the whole family of God;
- work with the Lead Pastor and other ministry teams to ensure that there are
- opportunities for all generations to worship, learn and serve together;
- work with ministry leaders to bridge the gap between what children and youth are
- learning in their programs and what adults are learning in their programs;
- guide ministry leaders in selecting or developing a curriculum that is cohesive from birth to adulthood and that is helps parents to complement the church learning with home learning;
- develop channels of resources that allow the parents to lead in their home in such a way that corporate unity is maintained.
Please submit resumes and any question you may have to the Lead Pastor, Joel Black at email@example.com
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 4166 ]