Housing Support Supervisor
Housing Support Supervisor
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta.
The Mustard Seed Edmonton operates an apartment building with 20 units based upon “Housing First” principles. In partnership with Homeward Trust and its partner agencies, individuals who have been previously homeless and/or need a supportive living environment, can benefit from safe, secure, and healthy housing. Each resident is supported in ways that will help them transition toward sustainable and healthy living.
The Housing Support Supervisor(s) will oversee all of the residential support operations of the facility, including managing support staff, financial accountability, and ensure proper case management. Landlord responsibilities will be handled by the Mustard Seed Facilities Supervisor.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise, direct and support permanent and relief Housing staff to ensure residents are fully supported in a safe and secure environment
• Work closely with the Director of Housing, to ensure that appropriate hiring, orientation and evaluation processes are adhered to and program specific training is fully engaged
• Collaborate with the Volunteer Coordinator who manages the recruiting, screening and orientation of volunteers
• Manage the approved budget in conjunction with the Mustard Seed Finance Department
• Ensure that staff manage caseloads in a timely and appropriate manner, actively engaging community resources for the good of all residents
• Review and make appropriate decisions following all critical incidents
• Ensure ETO and SPDAT data entries are accurate and up to date
• Prepare reports for the MS Managing Director, Homeward Trust, as required
• Represent the Mustard Seed externally, at the request of the Managing Director
• Provide input into the development of policies and procedures for designated programs
• Improve processes to ensure standards of excellence in service delivery are met
• Collaborate and communicate with other program areas of The Mustard Seed
• Other duties as assigned by Managing Director
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• 2 years’ experience working with homeless and/or mental health populations within the Housing First model
• 3 years of management experience or team building/leadership capacity
• Demonstrated understanding of case management best practices
• Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment
• Experience managing budgets and contracts
• Strong work ethic, initiative taking, ability to work in a cross function team
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage crises and conflict
• Proficiency in Efforts to Outcomes, SPDAT and Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
• Full time permanent employment 40 hr./wk., primarily at Westwood Manor. Generally Monday to Friday, but some and evening weekend work is required
• Travel to other Mustard Seed buildings and agency meetings in Edmonton will be required also travel to Mustard Seed Calgary will be necessary on occasion
• Fast paced and demanding work environment that involves collaborative decision making
• Driver’s Abstract, Vulnerable Sector Employment Security Check is required
• As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
• The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation
• Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: Immediate
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying Position Title and Location in the subject line.
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 4168 ]