Bayview Kids Coordinator
Bayview Kids Coordinator
Thornhill, Ontario , L3T 1A7
BAYVIEW KIDS COORDINATOR
Location: Bayview Glen Church
Department: Children’s Ministry- “Bayview Kids”
Company Class: Part Time (10hrs/week)
Schedule: Sundays 6 hours, One weekday 4 hours
The Children’s Ministry (Bayview Kids) at Bayview Glen is seeking passionate leaders looking for part-time opportunities to support the great work of Bayview Kids during weekend services. Our goal at Bayview Kids is to “allow children to experience the wonder of God’s love and drag their parents back to church!”
As a Bayview Kids Coordinator, your primary responsibility is to lead a team of volunteers. This is a part-time, hourly position scheduled for 10 hours per week
- Bachelor's degree in related area of study (i.e. theology, child development, children’s ministry).
- Experience in a supervisory experience, preferably in a ministry or childcare setting.
- Minimum of one year experience working with children (newborn – grade 6).
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with people.
- Experience working or volunteering in a fast-paced, child-friendly environment.
- Proficient with computers (MS Office and Mac software).
- Outgoing and passionate about empowering others.
- Ability to solve problems, resolve conflict, and mentor volunteers when appropriate.
- Ability to handle confidential matters and material with excellence.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. may be required
- Experience planning, scheduling, and leading a childcare program or student ministry environment.
- Strong Biblical knowledge.
- Experience with training, mentoring and scheduling volunteers.
- Experience with Planning Centre, or similar church management system/software.
- Serve under and assist the Family Pastor and Children’s Director with building and leading a volunteer team as well as provide leadership to one of two Bayview Kids ministry areas:
- Juniors: Infants, Toddlers, Preschoolers & Kindergarten
- Elementary: Grades 1-6
- Oversee and assist in preparing classroom environments for weekend services.
- Assist in developing, managing, preparing and facilitating the Bayview Kids curriculum in one of the aforementioned ministry areas.
- Assist in providing a safe, fun, meaningful, and engaging worship experience for children during weekend services.
- Establish and maintain relationships with children, parents, and volunteers.
- Assist in planning and executing events such as Easter, Fall Festival, Christmas, and Family Experiences.
- Attend weekly Bayview Kids ministry staff meetings as requested.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 4214 ]