Senior Youth Coodinator
Senior Youth Coodinator
Hamilton, Ontario , L8N 4G1
Senior Youth Leader
This position is for a Senior Youth Leader for a term from September 1, 2017 until January 1, 2018 for approximately 10 hours/week. This individual will be accountable to the elders and work with the support and supervision of the DM team to implement all aspects of ministry for youth aged 13-18.
Specific responsibilities include:
· work within the procedures and outlines of Faithful Footsteps to create a safe, fun and welcoming environment for all senior youth at St. John
· develop creative weekly Senior Youth program to include discipleship, fellowship, evangelism, worship, outreach, and leadership
· working alongside the Church Administrator to ensure that all Youth volunteers have a valid Police Records Check and are following the guidelines in Faithful Footsteps.
· meet with the senior pastor or other elder representative and chair of Discipleship Making team once a month or as determined necessary.
· work, with the support of leadership, to organize and plan retreats, monthly fun events, and mission activities
· provide mentoring and pastoral counseling to youth
· support youth, young adults and their families with prayer and spiritual encouragement
· attend monthly Discipleship Making team meetings
·Be able to develop programs focused on youth interests based on St. John’s mission and vision
· Demonstrate an on-going commitment to work in a team environment with other staff, church board/council, and members of the congregation
· Be able to identify and recruit potential leaders for youth programs
· Monitor, encourage and support leaders
·Be an effective communicator in both written and oral form
· Possess an understanding of youth culture
· Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of office based computer programs including web-based communication, media and technical support.
· The candidate must be a Christian, preferably with experience working in similar ministry positions
· Possess a dynamic faith in Jesus Christ exhibiting spiritual integrity and maturity
· Be passionate to have Youth experience Christ and develop a living faith
· Be able to accept the Mission and Vision of St. John United Church (http://www.stjohnuc.ca/about/mission-and-vision/)
· Possess gifts of organization and administration
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 4216 ]