Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Burlington, Ontario , L7R 4M2
Working for Orphans & Widows (WOW, a ministry of Visionledd), dedicated to the most vulnerable orphans and widows, seeks a visionary, spiritually-mature leader with a passion for justice and righteousness. This dynamic, strategic executive will build upon a solid organizational track record to actively grow our reach, impact and donor base.
The mandate: Reporting to the board, the CEO of WOW (a ministry of Visionledd) is to cast vision for the organization, to grow the organization in Canada and extend the reach of our strategic partners in Africa, transforming communities in partnership with the local church in ministering to orphans and widows.
1. Provide overall spiritual leadership for WOW.
- Lead WOW by example through practicing a lifestyle that is consistent with the gospel and scripture.
- Ensure WOW is Spirit-led in decision making and in all that it does.
2. Build, extend and nurture international ministries and partnerships. Ensure consistent quality of all WOW’s relationships, agreements, programs and community interventions (training, mentoring, building sustainable church involvement and programs).
- Work with personnel to plan and set goals to ensure consistent delivery of core ministry programs involving community leaders, members and volunteers.
3. Fundraise and cultivate donor relationship in Canada and enhance the profile of WOW, both locally and in our partner communities in Africa.
- Lead the development and execution of the annual fundraising plan and any other fundraising campaigns.
- Build and nurture a portfolio of major and corporate donors.
- Create opportunities for raising the profile and funds by visiting major donors, corporations, churches, community leaders and other potentially supportive groups.
- Build and nurture relationships with churches with the goal of raising funds, recruiting volunteers, enhancing WOW’s profile and garnering other support, such as prayer support.
4. Provide leadership in directing and executing all strategic, financial and administrative aspects of WOW.
- Develop the annual strategic plan and budget that operationalizes WOW’s vision, mission and strategy, subject to Board approval.
- Work with the Board, staff and partners to keep the ministry vision of WOW clear, relevant and integral to the work.
- Develop and administer effective work processes, compliance practices and other administrative practices as needed.
5. Hire, develop and lead staff within an effective organization structure.
- Recruit, hire, motivate and develop all staff members. Involve Board members in the hiring of senior staff as appropriate.
- Provide leadership that encourages on-going learning and growth in all staff and board to ensure that WOW is learning and growing organization.
- Conduct formal evaluations of direct reports and ensure that the formal evaluation of all staff takes place on an annual basis.
- Nurture the culture of WOW so as to ensure a servant-leadership model is practiced.
6. Manage the ministry in compliance with its legal environment.
- Learn and comply with reporting requirements to the appropriate government bodies in Canada and the United States.
- Work with the Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC) to meet all requirements for its certificate program of financial integrity and accountability.
- Work with the Board of Directors to continually improve the governance responsibilities of the board.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- 10 to 15 years of senior level executive and/or management experience
- Fundraising, donor relationships and/or business development
- Deep and demonstrated commitment to vulnerable persons, justice and righteousness
- Demonstrated Christian leadership, pastoral work and/or theological training
- Strategic mindset, visionary, entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated experience in building organizations through growth stages to maturity and change management experience considered strong assets
- Financial administration, forecasting, budgeting
- Partnership cultivation, management
- Passion for and/or aptitude for non-profit management, international relief and development
- Ability to engage and form mutually respectful working relationships with persons of other cultures and countries
- Public speaking, presentation skills
- Staff management and development, servant-leadership
- This role includes at least four to six weeks of international travel per year
- Competitive compensation, commensurate on experience and education
- Interested candidates may send their resume and cover letter to the posted email address
About the organization: Working for Orphans & Widows (WOW) envisions a world where the Church is actively ministering to orphans, widows, orphans and the poor impacted by HIV and AIDS. By investing in the capacity of local, Christian leaders in sub-Saharan Africa who have demonstrated a commitment to lift up those in need, WOW has enabled the transformation of communities from places of disparity and hopelessness to thriving communities where the most vulnerable have access to support including education, healthcare and skills training. Visit www.wowmission.com to learn more about us!
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 4254 ]