Executive Assistant, President's Office
Executive Assistant, President's Office
Toronto, Ontario , M2M3S4
Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position(s), however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The successful candidate will subscribe to and sign Tyndale’s Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Executive Assistant, President’s Office
(Full-Time, 12 mos Mat Leave Contract, September 2017 start)
Tyndale is a trans-denominational, evangelical university college and seminary that prepares leaders for the ministry, marketplace and global mission of the church. Tyndale offers a variety of degree programs in a wide range of disciplines and fully accredited programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Currently, Tyndale has almost 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and 9,500 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in north Toronto.
Provide executive support to the President and Vice-Chancellor as well as support the Corporate Director to ensure an efficient management of the Office of the President.
Areas of responsibilities:
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR THE PRESIDENT/OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
- Manage the President’s time efficiently, coordinating schedule, meetings and travel arrangements
- Ensure the President is informed on key issues to assist with decision-making
- Maintain efficient functioning of the office
- Maintain and ensure security of corporate records/files
- Provide administrative support for committees/meetings chaired by the President (advise regarding and prepare schedules and agendas, record minutes, prepare and review supporting documentation, coordinate meeting details, follow through on action items and communications)
- Prepare, administer and monitor the budget; submit expense reports
- Work with major donors/capital campaigns, building relationships and facilitating meetings
- Draft correspondence, briefs, proposals on behalf of the President
- Review and edit all material going out under the President’s signature, corporate material such as correspondence, brochures, myTyndale, media releases and annual reports
- Monitor and respond to incoming messages, i.e., mail (electronic and other), phone, etc.
- Ensure timely and appropriate communication of directives from the President, advise on matters to be communicated to various stakeholders
- Liaise with students, faculty, staff, senior management, Corporation/Board members, donors, churches/para-church agencies, other universities/colleges and accrediting bodies, government (federal, provincial, municipal), legal counsel, consultants, and the general public
SPECIAL EVENTS AND PROJECTS
- Plan and manage specific special events such as installation of the Chancellors, Deans and other August events as required
- In collaboration with the Corporate Director, plan and manage (including logistics) events in the Office of the President, acting as primary contact for all such events where possible.
- In consultation with internal stakeholders, develop and coordinate efficient platforms and agreement terms for the benefit of developing greater partnerships with Tyndale (for churches/para-churches, community agencies and other collaborators) to better advance Tyndale’s objectives.
- Attend and support the President at Tyndale-related functions and other events as required
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in office/business administration or related field
- Five years’ experience in administration (preferably at a senior level)
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to grasp macro issues, while dealing with micro matters
- Ability to define critical paths and oversee projects to successful and timely completion
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong minute-taking, writing, and editing skills
- Maturity, accountability/responsibility, confidentiality, diplomacy/tact, integrity, commitment to quality and professionalism
- Strong people skills
- Flexibility in schedule for special events
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in use of internet/search engines, computer programs/applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Committed to the mission and vision of Tyndale University College & Seminary
- Familiarity with Ontario post-secondary education system, theological education, and member denominations
- Experience in an academic setting
- Theological education
All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 4256 ]