Toronto, Ontario , M3C 3S7
Mandate: To be an active voice and advocate of justice for individuals impacted by sex trafficking; and to further assist them in finding necessary support systems that will support their journey of healing, restoration, safety and freedom.
- to seek out survivors of sex trafficking and connect them with support, premised on biblical principles of love, patience and compassion.
- to protect the rights and dignity of women and men who are involved in sex trafficking.
- to collaborate, engage in dialogue and partner with other national stake holders and agencies that directly or indirectly have a passion to help victims of sex trafficking.
- to advocate changes and support upcoming policies that directly or indirectly have an impact on seeing sex trafficking eradicated in Canada.
- to provide preventative measures that will help women and men understand their identity, value, and self worth as well as provide that support for those who are still in sex trafficked situations
- Christian Faith: Have a solid and vibrant Christian faith
- Church Involvement: A positive relationship with a recognized church and regular attendance
- Ministry Experience: Have a solid background and understanding of Christian ministry (3-5 years)
- Mission Agreement: Compliance with Fight4Freedom’s theological and mission statements
- Education: Relevant University or College Education
- Is flexible in a team environment and is a team player
- Able to work independently and strongly self-motivated
- Superb command of the English language (both written and oral)
- Affinity for working in a small-sized non-profit, charitable environment
Finance Coordinator Role Description
Hours: 5 hours per week
Job Overview: Finance coordinator oversees the financial operation for the organization and ensures that the organization complies with the laws set out by CRA.
Objective and Purpose: Finance Coordinators role exists to ensure that the funds entrusted to Fight4Freedom are well stewarded. This directly assists us in accomplishing our mission and furthering our vision.
● Working closely with and reporting to the Canadian Director on the Canadian general operations
● Working closely with and reporting to the International Executive Director and International Associate Direction on the International general operations
● Improvement of existing and development and implementation of new systems
● Monthly oversight of reconciliations and of the processing of payroll and expenses
● Oversight of staff in the department to ensure they have the resources and
support they need.
● Assistance with the annual financial audit including charitable tax return.
● Collaboration with department heads in the creation and execution of the budget
● Oversight and issuing of charitable tax receipts, T4 forms for staff, T4A forms, social assistance payments, etc.
- working with the HR department on staff salaries, increases, exits, and ROE's
● Assistance and support to various departments regarding finance during seasonal events (e.g.Walk4Freedom, FabFeb, Freedom Fighters Conference, Freedom Night) as well as with other needs arise.
**Any more than 5 hours a week would require support raising.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 4266 ]