Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Richmond Hill, Ontario , L4E 4S3
The Summer Camp Director is part of the leadership team and oversees the general program operations of Summer Camp. The following is a summary of the needed tasks and duties:
- Recruit, hire, supervise and support a full complement of summer staff in accordance with Ontario’s employment standards
- Develop staff training materials and subsequent program for pre-camp staff training and inservice training during the summer.
- Responsible for planning and implementing all summer activities to be conducted during the camp.
- Provide opportunities for professional development, spiritual and personal growth for summer staff
- Ensure the evaluation of all summer staff
- Ensure policies and practices
Management & Administration
- I collaboration with leadership team, set summer schedule and develop marketing material (brochure, posters, bulletin announcements, letters etc.)
- Collect photos to update website and social media
- Look for opportunities to effectively promote camp locally and provincially
- Communicate and engage effectively with campers, parents, staff, volunteers and alumni
- Build relationships with summer volunteers
- Work with Land of Hope Team in monitoring all expenses and revenues within the framework of the operating budget
- Conduct regular on-site work place and health and safety inspections
- Assist with fundraising and promotional events throughout the year
- Attend Land of Hope meetings throughout the year Program as needed
- Plan, guide and oversee the summer camp program
- Operate all aspects of the summer camp program (including policies and procedures) in a safe, timely, efficient and relevant manner in accordance with current standards
- Submit financial reports as needed: payroll, expense reports, etc.
- Ensure all programs promote camper and staff well being
- Make sure program areas, buildings, and facilities are well maintained
- Set goals and objectives for program areas
- Provide an accurate reflection of the camp mission statement in camp programs, staff training, policies , publicity and overall management
- Ensure quality material is developed for each age group
- Provide spiritual development opportunities and support for staff
- Stay current on church trends
The successful candidate will have:
- a post-secondary education with five (5) years experience related directly to children’s summer camping;
- the ability to provide leadership, counsel, motivation, and supervision to a staff of 20 young adults;
- the ability to set objectives, delegate and prioritize workflow such that goals are efficiently met;
- a strong theological background, preferably in the Chrisitian faith, and the ability to guide staff on their faith journeys;
- a knowledge of health and safety regulations specific to camping situations;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities of this position may be considered in lieu of stated education and experience requirements.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 4281 ]