Admissions Counselor, Seminary
Admissions Counselor, Seminary
Toronto, Ontario , M2M3S4
The Seminary Admissions Counselor is responsible for recruiting new students to Tyndale Seminary within a specific geographic region. This staff position works closely with other members of the Admissions Department to implement and develop strategies and initiatives to achieve the recruitment objectives for Tyndale Seminary. The primary goals are to increase the number of prospective students, increase the number of on-campus visits, provide clear and concise information to prospective students, plan and implement phone activities that support the enrollment efforts of the Admissions Department, and generate qualified applications for the Seminary through direct interaction with the Christian Community at large. While the focus will be on recruiting Seminary students, efforts to promote Tyndale University College are required to be taken at every possible opportunity.
Recruit well-qualified students to Tyndale Seminary by contacting prospective students by phone, email, and/or in-person visits on or off-campus to provide counseling towards graduate theological education. Work closely with student admissions representatives to follow up with prospective students. Serve as a Tyndale representative at recruitment-related events to generate inquiries.
Assist applicants through the admission process. The counselor is responsible for clear and timely communication on application status, admission requirements/ standards and timely processing. Upon receipt of all documents, the counselor is responsible for evaluating applications and notifying the applicant of the outcome and for communicating post-acceptance instructions including information regarding registration, orientation, and study permit information (for international students).
- Undergraduate college diploma or university degree
- Sales or recruiting experience
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to conduct data analysis
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills with considerable experience speaking to audiences of all sizes
- Be a self-motivated, "team player" who will take responsibility for his/her actions and work
- Experience with basic office equipment and computer software – internet, email, word processing, photocopier, fax machine, etc.
- Organized, with attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial instincts and a desire to "get the job done"
- Proven record of tact, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift and carry promotional materials and equipment
- Valid driver's license
- Tyndale Seminary degree preferred, experience with theological education would be an asset
- Experience in database management
- Marketing and customer relations experience an asset
- Vehicle for travel to events
- Experience in providing leadership and supervision to others
- Ministry experience
All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 4287 ]