Executive Donor Associate
Executive Donor Associate
Grimsby, Ontario , L3M 1T1
Overview of the Organization:
Bible League Canada is a Christian charitable organization providing Scripture placement and church planter training worldwide so that people prepared by the Holy Spirit will be brought into relationship with Christ and His church. Our work is based on the conviction that the world needs the living word of God more than anything else. We are in need of an Executive Donor Associate who recognizes and has faithfully responded to God’s call to utilize God-given administrative and interpersonal skills as well as personal attributes for God’s glory and in the service of Bible League Canada's Christian mission.
The incumbent should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, dealing with a wide variety of work, and interacting with ministry partners and donors effectively and diplomatically.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Executive Assistant Tasks:
· Supporting the Director of Development in all administrative functions including scheduling and coordinating meetings, collecting reports from various staff members, preparing and managing correspondence, tracking deadlines, processing expenses and invoices, arranging travel, and maintaining files and office organization.
· Occasional administrative support for Area Directors.
· Serving as a contact person for selected consultants, ministry partners, and foundations.
· Responding to requests from all staff and external parties which may include (but not limited to) assisting in activities associated with event management, ministry and meeting facilitation.
· Coordinate Executive Donor Trips to various countries; includes planning travel, itinerary, and acting as a liaison between participants and BLC.
2. Foundation and Grant Submissions Coordination:
· Coordinating foundation grant submissions (including applications and reports) and working in conjunction with the necessary departments to complete documents/requirements.
· Matching foundation interests with ministry/project needs.
· Researching foundations/major donor prospects for President and Vice President of Ministry Advancement.
· In consultation with President, and the Executive Assistant to the President’s Office, and/ or VP Ministry Advancement, and Executive Assistant to VP Ministry Advancement, make appointments for the Present and Vice President with foundation officers and arrange on on-site visits for foundation officers, as needed.
3. Executive Donor Caseload Management:
· In conjunction with the Director of Development, offer strategic direction and provide executive donor caseload management for the President and Vice President of Ministry Advancement.
· Prepare donor thank you letters and other quarterly touchpoints for Executive Donors of the President and VP of Ministry Advancement.
· In conjunction with the Executive Assistant to the President and Executive Assistant to the VP Ministry Advancement, set up meetings and coordinate donor visits for the President and Vice President of Ministry Advancement.
· Record all appointments and information from donor meetings in database.
Education must include at least a college diploma (undergraduate degree is preferred).
· Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant.
· Experience in a fundraising and/or sales environment.
· Experience in a not-for-profit organization is preferred but not essential.
· Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office skills in PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and internet research. Certification in these areas is preferred.
· Intermediate/Advanced organizational and time management skills.
· Experience coordinating/writing grant proposals is an asset.
· Experience with a donor management system is an asset.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to see the “big picture”.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes:
· Knowledge of and a passion for Bible League Canada and its work.
· Able to multi-task, prioritize and work well in a busy environment.
· Active listening; able to absorb and organize large volumes of information quickly and accurately.
· Excellent donor service and interpersonal skills: experience interacting with people from diverse cultures, backgrounds and work styles.
· Flexible and adaptable to changing conditions, work assignments and team mates.
· Very reliable, with the ability to take the initiative, problem-solve & implement solutions.
· A self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed.
· A dedicated team player: Enjoys working with others in team settings to solve problems and has a proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and staff, inside and outside the organization.
· Able to handle confidential information.
· Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the Bible League Canada’s faith and lifestyle policy documents.
· In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will be required to pray for and minister to people who contact Bible League Canada either in person, or by phone or other electronic communication. These ministry and prayer opportunities include but are not limited to reception/phone communication duties, order fulfillment, general inquiries, conferences and events and all fundraising activities.
· A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world.
· Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity.
We Offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For further information about Bible League Canada, please visit our website at www.bibleleague.ca.
Bible League Canada would like to thank those who have applied, however, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 4293 ]