Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Director of International Growth
Director of International Growth
Only some people get to REALLY change the world. And I bet you’re one of them—that’s why you’re looking for a job here.
Because this is no cushy desk job. Where we work, there’s persecution and fear. There’s dirt and grit and obstacles to fight against. All over the world, people are living without hope, without Jesus.
But you, world-changer, will see this as an opportunity! Because you’ll be leading some of the most dedicated people you’ll ever meet. You’ll bring light and hope and redemption to individuals, families, and entire communities. In fact, you’ll witness miracles nearly every working day.
Can you lead people?
Are you brave enough to embrace big, God-inspired dreams for what the future could be?
Can you build BOLD plans that challenge people—because they bring necessary change?
Do you have a travel bug and a love for different cultures?
Do you inspire crowds to care about what you care about?
This is a tough assignment. You’ll need to be tenacious, creative, and flexible. And most of all, you’ll need to be driven by passion. This is a high cost, high reward job—you’re going to see the lost come to Christ.
The Gideons International In Canada I ShareWord Global is an international organization of men and women who are passionate about sharing God’s Word. The ministry is transforming itself for growth and global impact. It continues to create innovative ways of reaching more people with the Word of God.
The Gideons International In Canada is a world-renowned organization established in 1911. For over 100 years it has been sharing the Word of God with the world.
The Director of International Growth is responsible for overseeing the International Growth team including leading, training and managing Managers both local and abroad, and for developing and cultivating global partners and churches to help achieve our department’s ministry objectives.
Reports to: Vice President of International Growth
Direct Reports: 3
- Effectively coach, mentor, support and develop International Growth manager and global Regional Managers, by providing ongoing constructive feedback, one-on-one updates, training, effective delegation, and operational planning
- Lead regular and ad hoc staff meetings, devotions and key processes like budgeting and planning
- Provide opportunities for staff feedback to encourage employee engagement, including implementing timely plans to respond to identified needs.
- Ensure effective stewardship and accountability of department resources, finances and people, consistent with annual operating plans, budgets and strategic plan.
- Model clear two-way communication of organizational issues and goals to direct reports.
- Identify and provide professional development opportunities for direct reports.
- Encourage a culture of innovation and creativity.
- Model Christian servant leadership to staff, active participation and leadership in devotions and the organization's spiritual life.
- Build and manage operational plans and budgets that align with and support the objectives of the International Growth department. Manage and report on impact metrics that align with the organizational strategic plans.
- Manage, develop and cultivate existing global partners and new partners to help achieve our International Growth ministry objectives.
- Build and cultivate long-term relationship with churches, para-church organizations and other relevant partner organizations to help achieve our ministry objectives.
- Achieve targets for revenue and ministry, as outlined in the strategic plan through the development and maintenance of operational & tactical plans, including the “Engage A Nation” (EAN) strategy.
- Assist the Vice President of International Growth with the planning and execution of Major Donor vision visits.
- Develop resources for and facilitate training with in-country local church partners and global Regional Managers.
- Speak at churches and other relevant Christian events, to promote the ministry of TGIC | SWG.
- Successful track record as a relational manager and salesperson
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Possesses the necessary skills in order to maintain accountabilities, process information, make decisions, organize workload, resolve conflicts, delegate responsibilities, and solve problems
- Self-starter and able to work independently with a minimum level of supervision
- Personable, friendly and donor-centric
- Experience of developing and implementation of operating plans
- Multi-linguistic is an asset
- 3-5 years experience in a sales or a Director role with a proven track record of success
- Experience in the multi-cultural or global market preferred
- BA degree required, Masters preferred
- Knowledge of ministry or non-profit sector is an asset
The Gideons International In Canada I ShareWord Global is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of The Gideons International In Canada I ShareWord Global.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
Term: Full time
If you are applying, please first complete the following online Survey which is a standard part of our recruitment process: http://www.profileperformancesystem.com/survey.html?SL=37690
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 4305 ]