Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Director of Global Development
Director of Global Development
Guelph, Ontario , N1H 6T9
Only some people get to REALLY change the world. And I bet you’re one of them—that’s why you’re looking for a job here.
Because this is no cushy desk job. Where we work, there’s persecution and fear. There’s dirt and grit and obstacles to fight against. All over the world, people are living without hope, without Jesus.
But you, world-changer, will see this as an opportunity! Because you’ll be leading some of the most dedicated people you’ll ever meet. You’ll bring light and hope and redemption to individuals, families, and entire communities. In fact, you’ll witness miracles nearly every working day.
Can you lead people?
Are you brave enough to embrace big, God-inspired dreams for what the future could be?
Can you build BOLD plans that challenge people—because they bring necessary change?
Do you have a travel bug and a love for different cultures?
Do you inspire crowds to care about what you care about?
This is a tough assignment. You’ll need to be tenacious, creative, and flexible. And most of all, you’ll need to be driven by passion. This is a high cost, high reward job—you’re going to see the lost come to Christ.
The Gideons International In Canada I ShareWord Global is an international organization of men and women who are passionate about sharing God’s. The ministry is transforming itself for growth and global impact. It continues to create innovative ways of reaching more people with the Word of God.
The Gideons International In Canada is a world-renowned organization established in 1911. For over 100 years it has been sharing the Word of God with the world.
The Director of Global Development is responsible for overseeing the Global Development team including leading, training and managing Regional Managers, and for developing and cultivating international partners and churches to help achieve our international ministry objectives.
Reports to: Vice President of Global Development
Direct Reports: 3
- Effectively coach, mentor, support and develop global Regional Managers, by providing ongoing constructive feedback, one-on-one updates, training, effective delegation, and operational planning
- Lead regular and ad hoc staff meetings, devotions and key processes like budgeting and planning.
- Provide opportunities for staff feedback to encourage employee engagement, including implementing timely plans to respond to identified needs.
- Ensure effective stewardship and accountability of department resources, finances and people, consistent with annual operating plans, budgets and strategic plan.
- Model clear two-way communication of organizational issues and goals to direct reports.
- Identify and provide professional development opportunities for direct reports.
- Encourage a culture of innovation and creativity.
- Model Christian servant leadership to staff, active participation and leadership in devotions and the organization's spiritual life.
- Build and manage operational plans and budgets that align with and support the objectives of the Global Development department. Manage and report on impact metrics that align with the organizational strategic plans.
- Manage, develop and cultivate existing international partners and new international partners to help achieve our international ministry objectives.
- Build and cultivate long-term relationship with churches, para-church organizations and other relevant partner organizations to help achieve our ministry objectives.
- Achieve targets for revenue and ministry, as outlined in the strategic plan through the development and maintenance of operational & tactical plans, including the “Engage A Nation” (EAN) strategy.
- Assist the Vice President of Global Development with the planning and execution of Major Donor vision visits.
- Develop resources for and facilitate training with local church partners and Regional Managers.
- Speak at churches and other relevant Christian events, to promote the ministry of TGIC | SWG.
- Successful track record as a relational manager and salesperson
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills
- Possesses the necessary skills in order to maintain accountabilities, process information, make decisions, organize workload, resolve conflicts, delegate responsibilities, and solve problems
- Self-starter and able to work independently with a minimum level of supervision
- Personable, friendly and donor-centric
- Experience of developing and implementation of operating plans
- Multi-linguistic is an asset
- 3-5 years experience in a sales or a Director role with a proven track record of success
- Experience in the multi-cultural or global market preferred
- BA degree required, Masters preferred
- Knowledge of ministry or non-profit sector is an asset
The Gideons International In Canada I ShareWord Global is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of The Gideons I ShareWord Global.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
Applications: Interested applicants will submit a letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Term: Full time
Location: To be determined
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 4305 ]