Survivor Care (for men)
Survivor Care (for men)
Toronto, Ontario , M4C 5R4
To be an active voice and advocate of justice for women and men who are victims of sex trafficking; and to further assist them in finding necessary support systems that will support their journey of healing, restoration, safety and freedom.
- to seek out victims of sex trafficking and connect them with support, premised on biblical principles of love, patience and compassion.
- to protect the rights and dignity of women and men who are involved in sex trafficking.
- to collaborate, engage in dialogue and partner with other national stake holders and agencies that directly or indirectly have a passion to help victims of sex trafficking.
- to advocate changes and support upcoming policies that directly or indirectly have an impact on seeing sex trafficking eradicated in Canada.
- to provide preventative measures that will help women and men understand their identity, value, and self worth as well as provide that support for those who are still in sex trafficked situations
- Christian Faith: Have a solid and vibrant Christian faith
- Church Involvement: A positive relationship with a recognized church and regular attendance
- Ministry Experience: Have a solid background and understanding of Christian ministry (3-5 years)
- Mission Agreement: Compliance with Fight4Freedom’s theological and mission statements
- Education: Relevant University or College Education
- Is flexible in a team environment and is a team player
- Able to work independently and strongly self-motivated
- Superb command of the English language (both written and oral)
- Affinity for working in a small-sized non-profit, charitable environment
- Assisting in rehabilitation programming of male survivors coming out of the industry, which could include pimps, johns, and men in the sex trade
- Working with partners in the area of survivor ministry
- Doing one-on-one therapy and guidance for survivors
- Working with the staff team and volunteer team to see how to continue reaching new ministry areas
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time. This position is only open to male applicants due to the nature of the work.
$16.00 /hour. All staff positions are on a support raised salary where the individual must raise 100% of their support.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 4324 ]