Resident Engagement/Street Level Worker
Resident Engagement/Street Level Worker
Do you have strong customer services skills and a passion for connecting with the vulnerable within Calgary? This role will bring you face-to-face with our clients, providing support and resources. Some days you will be at the front doors, other days you will be within the residential suites. You will learn about the effects of homelessness and hear first-hand stories that will change your life.
The Mustard Seed is committed to helping people who are homeless transition toward and maintain sustainable and healthy lifestyles. Permanent Supportive Housing and Street Level at The Mustard Seed provides a safe and supportive environment to all residents and guests. The Relief Resident Engagement/Street Level Worker is responsible to ensure the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual well-being of the residents in our 224-suite affordable housing tower and provide an identifiable and visible presence within the Campus, that optimizes safety, builds relationships, and values people. The person in this position will work collaboratively with the Resident Engagement and Street Level team while covering the shift responsibilities of the full time staff.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Connecting with the caseload of the staff being covered.
- Supporting the working relationship between the resident external supports
- Providing information resources about services at The Mustard Seed and community supports;
- Documenting resident interactions, resident referrals, progress and any change in behaviour;
- Welcoming and supporting volunteers when necessary;
- Ensuring clear lines of communication with internal departments and external organizations who serve the residents;
- Completing incident reports and daily logs in a timely manner;
- Supervise 102 Building access, the receipt of donations, and the coordinating and loading of the afternoon shuttle bus service to the Foothills Shelter;
- Monitor guest activities within the 102 Support Centre and around the Campus buildings, providing crisis intervention as required;
- Providing an enhanced visible presence throughout the Campus, perceiving and responding to opportunities that will optimize safety, and build community;
- Greet and ensure donors are treated with excellence and appreciation;
- Attend meetings and training as assigned;
- Keep all client information confidential;
- Other duties as assigned;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A passion to be part of ending homelessness in Alberta;
- Diploma or an undergraduate degree in-process;
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in social work or related field ;
- Front line experience in Security
- Understanding of housing people coming out of homelessness and have a desire to
- work with marginalized individuals;
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a cross-functional team;
- Strong administrative and computer skills;
- Conflict resolution skills and ability to manage residents in crisis situations
- Customer service experience;
- Some knowledge of mental illness and addictions;
- Working knowledge of MS Office computer applications;
- Experience working with volunteers;
- Desire to serve in a Christian ministry;
- Resident Engagement provides 24/7 coverage in our PSH buildings. This is a relief position based on shift availabilities.
- Street Level coverage as needed, between 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM, 7 days each week, and could include 6, 8, 10, and 12 hours shifts;
- Street Level worker position will require working inside and outside in various climates, and will involve moderate levels of physical effort, including but not limited to, standing for long periods, walking, climbing stairs, bending, lifting, and pushing donation carts.
- Street Level worker position also requires focused mental effort, including but not limited to, adapting to an often fast-paced environment, operating a computer, using two-way radio communications, perceiving and quickly responding to crises within and around the Centre Street Campus.
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: Immediate
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 4374 ]