Lead Mandarin Pastor
Lead Mandarin Pastor
Scarborough, Ontario , M1S 5A9
HCEFC is looking for a Lead Mandarin Pastor
Hallelujah Chinese Evangelical Free Church is in the process of developing a Mandarin ministry, with the goal of primarily reaching the Mandarin-speaking people in our community. We are seeking a devoted disciple of Jesus Christ who models a life of love, faith and purity to serve and lead our church in the development and growth of the Mandarin ministry.
This individual must be an example to the flock, a faithful steward, upright with humility, spiritually mature and devoted wholeheartedly to Jesus Christ. This individual also must have great integrity, and demonstrate healthy leadership with a servant heart. Lastly, this individual must be one who understands the culture of those who speak Mandarin and English, and preferably also Cantonese, and have a strong desire to work within a ministry team that emphasizes togetherness, despite different languages spoken and cultures.
HCEFC is a church of over 300 members. By God’s grace, our congregations embrace the vision to collectively glorify God in proclaiming the Gospel as “one church”.
The Lead Pastor will be responsible for working with the existing Mandarin Ministry Core Group and congregants to develop and implement a plan to: a) reach out to the Mandarin speaking community, b) develop outreach initiatives and programming for the Mandarin community, c) result in the eventual creation of a Mandarin Ministry service, and other church ministries such as fellowships, Sunday school classes, etc. for Mandarin speakers.
The Lead Pastor is responsible in providing spiritual leadership to our Mandarin ministry by: a) modeling a life of grace and love of God, b) proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ, c) teaching the whole counsel of the Word of God, d) engaging in pastoral care ministries, and e) providing leadership and guidance in all areas of church life.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the development and implementation of the Mandarin ministry at HCEFC, including assessing spiritual gifts of congregants and providing discipleship/ministry training
- Preaching the Truth from the Word of God with passion and conviction.
- Mentoring our church to discover their spiritual gifts, and to equip them to answer their callings
- Building up leaders to serve in various capacities and provide direct training to the ones called to serve on church board.
- Work collaboratively with the whole Pastoral team to cast a ministries-centered vision and develop supporting strategies with which to effectively lead the church with the Church Board.
- Working with church leaders and other pastoral staff to create short-term themes and set long-term visions for the church.
- Providing insight, support and guidance for all the different ministries within the church.
- Extending pastoral care and providing counseling services to the congregation when necessary.
- Providing monthly pastoral report to church board and participate in church board meetings.
- Subscribe to and agree with the Statement of Faith of Evangelical Free Church of Canada.
- M. Div or higher in an accredited seminary.
- At least 5 years of pastoral experience and be willing to go through the EFCC credentialing process as required
- Fluency in spoken and written Mandarin and English; Cantonese is an asset but not a requirement.
- Strong preaching, mentoring, and leadership skills.
- Enthusiastic, friendly and approachable.
- Experienced in multi-cultural setting.
How to Apply
Please send your Resume and Statement of Faith to the Pastoral Search Committee:
393 Middlefield Road, Scarborough, Ontario M1S 5A9
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 4383 ]