Maintenance and Services Associate
Maintenance and Services Associate
Langley, British Columbia , V2Y1N5
Title: HQ Maintenance and Services Associate
Ministry: Corporate Services
Location: Langley, BC
Reports to: Corporate Services Manager
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Working Conditions: Office/Warehouse - Heavy Labor & Lifting required
Power to Change (P2C) seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. We envision millions of volunteers engaged in faith adventures that transform lives through the power of the gospel. You can be a part of this movement of change by applying your skills in P2C Ministries.
This position would be responsible for providing and maintaining an attractive and efficient physical environment for Power to Change staff, tenants, and visitors.
- Maintenance of building including lights, plumbing, fountain, and roof
- Ensure building is kept in a tidy & orderly fashion
- Maintenance of parking lot, clean waste containment area, tend to broken concrete, etc
- Maintaining/replacing thermostats, setting them for heat and cooling and battery changes
- Vacuuming of electrical-water-laundry rooms, warehouse hallway, chair storage
- Keys cut, requests for keys (verify with Karen before giving out keys), record who has what keys
- Waste/recycling/organics collection, painting, floor maintenance, etc.
- Snow clearing/salting walkways and salting parking lots
- Repair user-requested building/equipment issues
- Assist with the installation and removal of office equipment and Teknion workstations
- Running errands for special supplies needed in maintenance
- Maintain P2C truck, schedule regular oil changes and tune-ups with local service provider
Maintain Off-site Warehouse and Mezzanine Storage Area:
- Prepare and assemble larger pallets for shipments and storage
- Perform routine maintenance on forklifts, and call technician as needed
- Maintain forklift certification (course paid for by P2C)
- Organize, maintain, sweep floors, keep area in safe working order
- Be available to P2C staff to operate the forklift to store their items in off-site warehouses
- Take inventory & record incoming goods to maintain a current list of items stored in off-siteW H
- Notify owners of stored items in off-site WH when they reach their storage date deadlines
- Back up for building alarm calls 24/7 (personal cell phone provided and paid for by P2C)
- Opening/Closing building
- Maintain an active OFAII certification (course paid for by P2C)
- Member of P2C safety committee
- Facilitate vendors and technicians for maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
- Assist in yearly emergency drill for building occupants
Education and Experience
- High School Education Completed
- Active Occupational First Aid Certificate (OFAII) an asset
- Experience in facilities maintenance an asset
Required Skills and Abilities
- A desire to serve others with a cheerful attitude in a changing dynamic atmosphere
- Possesses a keen eye for detail, notices things needing tended to and takes appropriate action
- Flexibility to work in different environments (inside/outside) and on various tasks
- Ability to prioritize and be organized
- Ability to do heavy lifting and other physically challenging tasks
- Ability to physically move quickly from one task to another
A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
This is a salaried position which includes benefits coverage.
Please visit our job board at p2c.com/serve/careers to fill out an application or to see other current openings.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 4423 ]