The Family Life Centre is hosting a Marriage Preparation course for engaged couples. Registered Psychotherapists Wilma and Stephen will be walking couples through the assessments along with talking about a number of related topics.
Pastor of Children's Ministry
Pastor of Children's Ministry
Calgary, Alberta , T2M 2S3
GoodTree is a vibrant community of believers who have a love and passion to serve Christ. Our continuing mission: To help people establish a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and to equip them to become disciples of Jesus Christ in the world for the glory of God. Our congregation consists mainly of Canadian born Asian ethnicities, but there are a growing number of people from other cultures participating in our ministry.
As the Pastor of Children’s ministry you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the children’s ministry, which currently consists of the toddler ministry (ages 1-4), young elementary (kindergarten to grade 3) and older elementary kids (grade 4-6), ensure that children are considered and included in the life of the congregation.
The Children’s Pastor (CP) will:
i) Vision for, plan, and advocate for children in the areas of faith development, safety, and discipleship.
ii) Partner with volunteers to encourage and equip children to grow and hold biblical values.
iii) Be responsible for creating an environment that is safe for both the children and the adults working within this ministry.
iv) Help to create policies and procedures to promote a safe environment including such things as background checks, having at least two adults per group, and first aid training.
v) Be attentive to the hopes and needs of our children, to determine how best to serve and care for them.
vi) Regularly and intentionally engage with parents, families, and lay leaders to foster a nurturing environment that extends beyond the walls of the Church.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Spiritual maturity, and evidence of ongoing personal spiritual formation.
• Minimum Bachelors degree in Theology education and diploma in Early childhood education. Preferred, Master’s Degree in Theology and Children’s Education or Family Ministries.
• Minimum 5 years experience in related field
• Adhere to the core values of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada and GoodTree Christian Fellowship.
• A heart for children, parents, and helping to develop thriving families
• A solid theological understanding to use when teaching, seeking out and/or developing curriculum
• Relational and outgoing, with a passion for connecting with people of all ages.
Compensation and Hours
• 35-40hrs per week.
• Salary depending on experience and educational background.
• One time moving allowance (if person is moving for position from outside of Calgary)
• Extended Benefits as outlined by the CBWC
• Cell phone allowance
• Continuing Education and Conference allowance shared with other staff members
• Visitation and hospitality allowance shared with other staff members
How To Apply: E-mail Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Though we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline to apply is March 31, 2018.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 4432 ]