The Family Life Centre is hosting a Marriage Preparation course for engaged couples. Registered Psychotherapists Wilma and Stephen will be walking couples through the assessments along with talking about a number of related topics.
Part Time Worship Director
Part Time Worship Director
Mississauga, Ontario , L5L1R4
JOB DESCRIPTION: Part-time Worship Director
Erin Mills Baptist Church
Erin Mills Baptist Church is located in the heart of Mississauga, ON. The population as of 2014 is set around 781,057. Settled into the corner of Erin Mills Parkway and South Millway, EMBC is in the center of a large multicultural and vibrant city. We are currently seeking a part-time or bi-vocational Worship leader who will join us in our vision and mission of being a community church, with the focus on being people who Love, Learn, Lead and Labour in making Christ known. The candidate will lead the congregation to a heart of worship that brings a high view of God – proclaiming the name of Jesus Christ. If you are a leader, experienced in music ministry, like building a healthy ministry and are available on a part-time basis please read more below.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lead the congregation in authentic worship on Sunday and special services.
2. Build individuals able to serve on worship teams by overseeing the rehearsals, meetings, and auditions (Equipping)
3. Oversees the instruments, CCLI and Audio Visual
4. Research new songs, and ways to incorporate new music into the current rotation.
5. Leads and provides pastoral leadership to EMBC, and the music/AV team through teaching, devotion and prayer times.
6. Meets weekly with the pastor for the planning of EMBC
7. Ensures the service is properly recorded and posted to various outlets.
8. Assist in other duties assigned by the senior pastor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND CHARACTER
a) Maintain personal, spiritual and professional growth for the ministry
b) Possess a vibrant, growing personal committed relationship with Jesus Christ
c) Have experience within a church/Christian ministry setting
d) Proficient in multi-tasking and leadership.
e) Must agree to the Statement of Faith and By-Laws of EMBC
Formal Bible Training is preferred but not necessary
Experienced in worship/music ministry
Qualify as a Pastor in accordance with Scripture, EMBC policy and with The Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada/Central District
This position will be approximately 20 hours per week with the possibility of growing into a full-time [Associate] position in time.
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit a ministry focused resume and ministry bio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Worship Director.
Closing date: Open until filled.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 4434 ]