Camp Managing Director
Camp Managing Director
Utterson, Ontario , P0B 1M0
Camp Kwasind, located in Muskoka on Skeleton Lake, is a ministry that owned and operated by the Canadian Baptists of Ontario & Quebec (CBOQ). Kwasind is unique is that it is small enough to ensure that every camper matters and large enough to provide a wide variety of activities and experience.
As a camp, our mission is to consistently provide high quality, creative, safe and memorable experiences through meaningful relationships which moves every camper one step closer to Jesus as we function in an inter-denominational context that seeks to be a champion for the importance of Christian Camping, a catalyst for the development of young Christian leaders, and a bridge between the next generation and the local church.
The Managing Camp Director (MCD) is a full time permanent position, reporting to the Exec. Director and is responsible for the day to day management of Camp Kwasind and will coordinate and direct the use of Camp Kwasind for summer camp, fall, winter, spring programs, special event groups, the tuck shop, program marketing, and all other camp program activities. Ensure the safety and welfare of all campers. Development and care for staff and management of administrative staff in carrying out the mission of Camp Kwasind.
Scope of Responsibilities
The MCD will report to Executive Director and be supported by the Camp Kwasind Management Team (CKMT) for the overall day to day management of Camp. The scope will expand to also resource and encourage CBOQ churches in the area of camping ministry and beyond with an emphasis on increased camper enrollment and off-season rentals.
This role is one that will consistently desire to improve the camp operations and maintain a safe and professional environment. Moreover, it will aim to provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being among the campers, guests, families, partners, rental groups and staff. Through all this, the MCD will embrace the mission and vision of camp as it seeks to move people one step closer to Jesus.
This role is a full time year round role. The MCD will reside on camp property during the summer camp months (June 1- Sept 7) and during program events in the fall and spring months as required.
- Day-to-Day Operational Leadership: Providing point leadership to the Camp Kwasind Management Team and giving direction to the year round day-to-day needs of effective management of the camp and its property.
- Summer Camp Program Management: Oversee and develop the summer camp team (staff and volunteers) that will ensure a memorable, high quality, safe and fun experience that moves each camper one step closer to Jesus.
- Promotions & Camp Future Development: Oversee the strategy for marketing and communications for growth of Camp Kwasind and work in partnership with Exec. Director to shape the future development of camp property and it’s programs.
- Personnel Development & Management: Recruit, train and develop staff and volunteers.
- Administration & Finances: Assist in matters of administration and the fiscal management of camp operations and logistics. This would include but not limited to: fundraising, budgeting, staff management, evaluations and assessments.
- Health & Safety Oversight: Ensure that camp is being managed and run in a safe manner by providing an environment that campers, guests and staff can thrive spiritually, mentally, emotional and physically and in compliance with all government agencies and requirements.
- Faith Development: Prioritize the faith development of campers, staff and volunteers to ensure the mission and values of camp are woven throughout all aspects of the management of Camp Kwasind.
- Passionate about camp ministry, community building, team management and having fun
- Commitment to the mission, faith and core values of CBOQ
- A post-secondary education and at least five (5) years experience related directly to children and/or youth summer camping
- Business degree or experience in the areas of fundraising, marketing, communication, customer service, business planning
- Ability to provide positive and encouraging leadership, counsel, motivation, and supervision to a staff of 50 young adults;
- Track record of being effective in a management level position
- Ability to set objectives, delegate and prioritize workflow such that goals are efficiently met;
- A strong theological background, preferably in the Canadian Baptist family of churches, and the ability to guide staff on their faith journeys;
- A knowledge of health and safety regulations specific to camping situations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An independent person, with a strong work ethic who is able to work without supervision to accomplish the management of camp while having a high value on working with and through a team approach
- Advocate for the ministry of Camp Kwasind and is a passionate follower of Jesus Christ.
- A valid drivers license
Additional Qualifications for Preferred Candidate:
- Experience in team management or development
- Member in good standing at a CBOQ church
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by Nov 3, 2017 to Melody Currier at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: A more detailed job description is available upon request from email@example.com
CBOQ is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates whose training, experience, aptitudes and adaptability meet the requirements for the job will be considered. CBOQ welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 4490 ]