The Family Life Centre is hosting a Marriage Preparation course for engaged couples. Registered Psychotherapists Wilma and Stephen will be walking couples through the assessments along with talking about a number of related topics.
Director of Development
Director of Development
Brampton, Ontario , L6T5C6
Partners International Canada is a world leader in best-practice Christian, cross-cultural partnerships that focus on impacting the least-Christian, least-resourced sectors of the world. Our passion is to see transformation realized in lives, communities and societies through the service of exceptional ministry partners who proclaim the message of Jesus Christ and serve communities in very challenging parts of the world. We seek to see churches come into existence and to bring contextual and effective development that transforms the places where we work. Through holistic development and Christian witness we work exclusively through locally-led Christian partners to resource growth and ministry outcomes.
Mission Statement: Mobilizing Canadians into partnership with locally-led Christian ministries to bring holistic transformation and advance the Kingdom of God.
Description: Reporting to the President, the Director of Development is responsible for the strategic planning, management and execution of all aspects of donor advancement to realize the annual funding targets set by the President.
- You seek a work environment with an energetic pace, where there is a sense of urgency to accomplish required tasks and pressures to meet deadlines.
- You are motivated by multi-tasking, change initiatives and flexibility to establish your own priorities.
- You are motivated by strategic thinking and the opportunity to delegate details and build relationships with direct reports in ways that produce increased results.
- You are motivated by growth opportunities, clear results and recognition of your ability to to address underlying issues and develop effective responses.
- You are motivated by the opportunity to meet people, have personal interaction and communication, have influence and gain social approval.
- You relish collaboration, cooperation and integrated planning.
- Develop a multi-year strategy to grow the financial base of the organization and achieve annual revenue targets in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Work with CEO to develop the department’s annual revenue targets, including setting performance plans for individual representatives.
- Achieve strategic objectives set out in the business plan.
- Experience working for and with a Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and successful management in the philanthropic, non-profit, business or public sector, with an ability to apply an entrepreneurial and adaptive approach to management in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with strategic planning, developing operational plans to achieve objectives, and monitoring progress against these plans.
- Manage a personal portfolio of high net worth donors and church relationships.
- Maintain monthly team forecast and donor proposal tracking.
- Work with the CEO and Marketing Manager to collaborate on the development and planning of the strategic marketing plan (including fundraising and branding)
Development Department & Representatives
- Effectively manage and evaluate staff to achieve departmental goals
- Measure and report on outcomes of planned initiatives (ROI)
- Attend shows and conferences to increase awareness and preference.
- Lead donor visits to partner countries and expose existing and prospective donors to mission opportunities.
- Work with CFO to ensure that the donor services plan is executed effectively
- Extensive fundraising experience which should include the solicitation of major gifts from corporate, government and individual donors, as well as private and community foundations and grant-writing.
- A proven track record of building a successful donor advancement and/or sales organization and people management that has resulted in revenue growth.
- 10 years of senior management donor development experience or similar managing a sales and marketing organization.
- University degree in business, marketing or international development.
- Knowledge of CMS, CRM & fundraising software (ex. Raiser's Edge, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience in direct and database marketing
- Knowledge of gift and estate planning (Annuities, RRSP, Bequests)
- Very strong sales/donor engagement process and relationship building skills
- Very strong proposal writing and presentation skills
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the issues of global resource disparity, biblical stewardship and the power of effective Christian partnerships.
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Regional Travel - 70% / International (1-2 trips/year)
Work weekends and evenings as required for donor related activities
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Employee Type: Full time, permanent
Please submit resumé and cover letter to:
ATTN: Director of Development:
By email: Anita.Kostka@Partnersinternational.ca
By mail: Partners International Canada
8500 Torbram Road – Unit 56 Brampton, ON L6T 5C6
Note: PI Staff are expected to continually conduct themselves in a manner that reflects well on the Christian purposes of PI Canada. The specifics of this conduct are described in our employee Code of Conduct.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 4538 ]