The Family Life Centre is hosting a Marriage Preparation course for engaged couples. Registered Psychotherapists Wilma and Stephen will be walking couples through the assessments along with talking about a number of related topics.
Langley, British Columbia , V2Y1N5
Title: Administrative Assistant
Ministry: Athletes in Action
Location: Langley Headquarters
Reports to: National Director of AIA
Type: Permanent Full-Time
Power to Change (P2C) seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. We envision millions of volunteers engaged in faith adventures that transform lives through the power of the gospel. You can be a part of this movement of change by applying your skills in P2C Ministries.
Athletes In Action (a division of Power To Change) is a ministry that seeks to collectively as well as individually, spread the gospel of Jesus Christ by building movements of evangelism and discipleship through spiritual multipliers in the athletic world. No matter what type of work those involved with AIA do, whether they are staff or volunteers, we understand that our work collectively is to further this overall mission. We envision the day when there is a spiritual multiplier on every team and in every sporting community in Canada.
Are you passionate about reaching people with the good news of Christ? We are seeking a highly administrative and organized person who is excited about using their skills to ultimately help athletes find hope in Jesus.
1. Provide excellent administrative support to the National Director of AIA
- Manage director’s schedule and emails
- Coordinate travel arrangements (cars, hotels, flights, visas)
- Manage filing, mailings, and general office needs
- Process reimbursements and accounts payable
- Take minutes at meetings as required and ensure follow-up is done
2. Deliver and create professional communication
- Assist in creation of monthly e-newsletters and volunteer newsletters.
- Prepare and mail out of regular mailings
- Create documentation as needed; minutes, agendas, presentations, mail outs, etc
- Respond to email inquiries
- Create, edit, and/or prepare reports, presentation materials, summaries and other documents from a variety of sources.
3. Facilitate communication and events with internal and external contacts
- Assist in planning, coordinating and executive of lunches and other events (i.e. invitations, telephone inquiries, liaison with hosts, set-up details, financial arrangements, and thank you notes).
- Arrange Donor meetings
- Assist in the maintenance of donor database (CRM)
- Act as a staff liaison
- Coordinate speaking engagements
Required Skills & Abilities:
- A deep, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A passion for Christian ministry
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Familiar with general office procedures, methods, and equipment
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient in the Google suite
- Maintains performance under heavy pressure or stress
- Shows initiative to learn, solve problems, ask questions, investigate, and research.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Business Administration or equivalent
- 2 – 3 years experience in a highly autonomous administrative role
- Non-profit experience an asset
A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Please visit our job board at p2c.com/serve/careers to fill out an application or to see other current openings.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 4550 ]